Rooting for Big 10 teams??

Eric the Red

I find myself rooting for the Big 10 team when they are playing. i have always liked most of the teams anyway growing up, but even now when we are in the same conference, as each team is playing their non-conference I am hoping they win. Anyone else feel this way?

I like to think there is this general thinking in the BiG. I am an Ohio State grad, but want Michigan to win every game save one. Anytime bowl season comes around, I want every BiG team to succeed no matter if they embarrassed us the same season. It is certainly possible that this is not convential thinking, but I adore my gullibility.

I find myself rooting for the Big 10 team when they are playing. i have always liked most of the teams anyway growing up, but even now when we are in the same conference, as each team is playing their non-conference I am hoping they win. Anyone else feel this way?

Exactly the way I feel (and folks, you have NO idea how much it pains me to say that ETR and I share ANYTHING in common). I want the B1G to do well as a conference. Meaning, of course, do well as a conference that WE win every year.

I'm all for conference unity, but...

darned tootin' I am! I used to root for teams in the Big 8, but not so much in recent times. I feel like I have that ability back, at least until the honeymoon is over.

Once the Big XII came into existence, it seemed this sentiment went by the wayside. One of a whole litany of reasons why the Big XII (and SWC) failed--you can't have a conference where the general feeling from the schools is 'every man/woman for themselves'.