Sporting News names 1971 Nebraska greatest CFB team of all time

Nexus

I trhink 95 Huskers would have destroyed the 71 squad. Put those teams on the field as they were at the peak of there season's and it's no contest. That 95 D would break Johnny Rodgers legs like they were toothpicks with the hits they put on folks.

I'm curious if you've ever gotten to see highlights of Rogers, or possibly were lucky enough to watch him live? Rarely did anyone square him up for a hit, it was much more likely to see him leaving defenders grasping at straws. After the Chattanooga game, I had said Abdullah reminded me of Rogers, and when he put that move on the Fresno defender, it was even more so. Johnny was a special player.

If you weren't lucky enough to get the watch the 71 Huskers, you really missed a special treat. You don't realize how great Oklahoma was that year too. And how much of a stud was Jeff Kinny?

1995 Nebraska team vs 1991 Washington team would be an amazing matchup

I just did a spit take, and I wasn't even drinking anything!

? the 1991 Washington team came into Lincoln and destroyed Nebraska that year. Don't act like it wouldn't be a good game.

what does that have to do with anything? it was a good team... our 97 team and 99 teams were really good too... but they would have been monkey stomped by 95