NU/Chat Post game

Foppa

The internet, home of knee-jerk overreaction. It was the first freaking game. Of course we have work to do across the board on O. We have a new scheme, a new OC, and tons of new starters(especially on the last place you want, O-line. Martinez is a work in progress. Not saying I'm satisfied by any means. Really need to step-it-up almost across the board, but growing-pains should've been expected. We'll get better.

Blatchford, Green, and Fisher struggled some on D. Getting Dennard back will help. Was impressed with a couple new guys in Roach and Stafford.

The internet, home of knee-jerk overreaction. It was the first freaking game. Of course we have work to do across the board on O. We have a new scheme, a new OC, and tons of new starters(especially on the last place you want, O-line. Martinez is a work in progress. Not saying I'm satisfied by any means. Really need to step-it-up almo st across the board, but growing-pains should've been expected. We'll get better.

Blatchford, Green, and Fisher struggled some on D. Getting Dennard back will help. Was impressed with a couple new guys in Roach and Stafford.

Yep. 'Knee-jerk.' That's what Watson said as well. Hopefully Pelini wakes up and cans Cotton, and hopefully all his kids follow him to Central Methodist San Jose Dental School or whoever will take him...forget injuries, tired of the excuses. This guy cannot develop an O-line if his life depended on it. But all the arm chair experts will continue to try and prove him wrong, if for no other reason than...no choice.

It's not all doom and gloom for me ... but this game didn't turn the tide in my mind that many "traits" of a contending team ... simply didn't show in this game ... except for kicker. This was a very disappointing 40-7 victory for me. I felt a truly inferior team made us look exploitable ... and we made ourselve look silly at time. Lots of potential yes ... my spirit says "yes, Yes, YES".

Am I the only who thinks this is an extremely ridiculous sounding sentence? "Man, that was terrible the way we owned them on the scoreboard."

I was never high on the Tim Beck higher, but we'll have to see how it pans out.

I wasn't real high on the Tim Beck hire either. After watching that game, I think we would have seen the same offense, regardless of who we would have hired. I say that because there can only be one man behind that offense, and that is Tom Osborne.

I actually have more respect for Bo Pelini after watching that game than I have in a while. The new offense shows that Bo is listening to TO. I say all this assuming that we stick with the option and build on it with play action pass and a running game between the tackles.

Im also gonna give this offense some time to develop before I start making judgments. Everybody knows that the option takes time, lots of time, to perfect the timing and execution. Add to this the young offensive line guys and the upside IMO looks HUGE. I also like the wrinkle that Tim Beck provides with the no huddle. When you combine no huddle with the option I think it can be very successful because the defense cant substitute guys to defend it.

Who knows, we might play Fresno State next week and not run a single option. ;)