Where were you at on Sept. 11, 2001?

I remember waking up, getting ready to go to school, when my friend Will called me on the telephone and told me that air-planes had hit a world trade center tower. I was in sixth grade at the time, and I knew what the towers were but it still didn't fully click in my mind.

By the time I got to school, you could tell something was up. Teachers were talking outside of the classrooms in huddles groups, students were doing the same, and many kids didn't come to school that day because their parents were afraid. I remember spending most of the morning watching the news in the classroom. Everything else became unimportant that day.

When it happened, the gravity of the situation didn't completely hit me. It wasn't until I got home that night and really started to watch the news that I realized how sad and devastating this all was.

I honestly don't remember.

Seriously? I don't know a single person who doesn't remember where they were or what they doing, unless of course they were black-out drunk.

I was a freshmen in highschool. My mom was giving me a ride to school in the morning and the radio was going crazy, they didnt know what was going on some thought that we got bombed. It wasnt until my first class that we got to see all the news coverage of what was going on in NYC, and later to find out about the pentagon and pennsylvania.