Where were you at on Sept. 11, 2001?

I was a senior in high school and where I went to school I only had 4 classes that were 1 1/2 hour long. My first class which was P.E. started at 8:15 and I had no idea that one plane had already hit the south tower before I started my class. It must of been when the second plane crashed into the north tower when I over heard my P.E. instructor saying that two planes had crashed so I'm thinking two planes crashed into one another but continued to lift weights without learning more on these crashes.

After the first class we have about 15-20 minutes to relax with friends and majority of the students hang out in the cafeteria. So I'm in the cafeteria by myself waiting for my g/f and buddies to show up. She shows up and she's in tears and I'm like "Whats wrong?" She's like "you didn't hear the news" which I replied "ya I heard about two planes crashing into one another." She looks at me like I'm an idiot and says "No two planes crashed into the World Trade Centers!" I couldn't believe what she told me but if I would've been more observant the TV's in the cafeteria were all on the news showing the Terrorist Attacks in New York. All my buddies showed up a little bit later so we're all talking about it in total shock.

The 15-20 minute break ends and my buddy, my brother, and I ran to our second class which is Metals (I got to weld for 1 1/2 for a class pretty sweet) and we turn the TV on to CNN and watch in horror. We didn't get to see the plane crashes and the tower collaspes but CNN was showing the footage over and over again that we all thought it was live. We couldn't believe that CNN was showing people falling to their deaths, it was just crazy seeing that. Needless to say nobody in school that day did any homework or assigned homework as everybody was glued to the TV.

I was asleep on my buddies couch when my pager went off waking me up with news of the attack. I had a broken right heel and hobbled up 2 flights of stairs to tell my friend of it. He asked what happened, since I didn't know much I had to go back to the basement where I had started to watch it on tv.

I was in my fourth grade homeroom class at Belmont Elementary. Our teachers turned the live broadcast onto the two TV's we had in the room and we watched the second plane hit a tower. Being a child, I wasn't really concerned with what was happening. Looking back on it now, though, that was one of the most terrifying experiences in my life.

I was in my first period 8th grade U.S. Government class. My teacher was never late to class. He didn't show up until about 15 minutes into the class, obviously very emotional. Needless to say the rowdy behavior settled down and got very quiet. He said that the World Trade Centers had been hit by a plane. We all went up to the library room on the second floor of our school and watched it all unfold after the first tower was hit. The whole school was watching it (we're a little class D school, mind you). We didn't have class at all that day. People who wanted to watch the news throughout the day could do that, or it was pretty much a study hall for the rest of the day. I'll never forget that morning.

I was just getting ready to head out the door to go to work and about to turn off the TV in my living room when the news broke. I remember dropping down in the chair and being glued to the TV all morning in disbelief about what was actually unfolding in front of my eyes.

I was in 8th grade and I overheard someone say China (at that time, I don't think we were on good terms with them if I remember correctly) was attacking us. I didn't know what they were talking about. It seems like every school watched what was happening that day. Our classes went on as usual and not until I got home did I really know what was happening.

I was in Eighth grade as well. I remember rumors going around during home room and first period about somebody blowing up buildings and that we were at war. Sometime later that morning all the teachers sat their kids down and told us what was going on. We were in the fitness room with Mr. Farley who told us what was happening, and just sat and talked with us for the whole period, they wouldn't let us watch anything though. Can still remember the clothes I was wearing that day, but I couldn't tell you about the walk home. Only other thing I remember was sitting at the counter after school and turning the TV and just watching in disbelief and fear. And my mom telling me I would never forget this day and I should probably write down my feelings about it.

Both my parents talked to my grandparents and they said it was like Pearl Harbor happening all over again for them. I still have the flag that the Journal Star printed hanging in my bedroom at home.

I was on my way to LAX for a return flight home from a business trip to Irvine when all this went down. At the same time one of my co-workers was on his decent into LAX when they diverted his plane to Las Vegas. There was a group of 5 of us that rode a Mazda MPV from LA...pit stop to pick up co-worker in Vegas (yes strip clubs were still open) then make the non-stop trek back to Omaha.

I was four months graduated from NU with my Bachelor of Journalism, working for the Davis Enterpirse newspaper doing graphic design/selling ads. I was still waiting cable hookups in my apartment so when I woke up at 5 for my morning swim, went home and got changed, then drove across the Norcal landscape with a Bad Religion CD in i was ill prepared for the sh#tstorm i walked into that was a newspaper office with an AP ticker throwing out horrible truths and unimaginable lies that whole day.

It was an unreal fall. Seeing all these stories, some being true, some not, all the while enjoying being back in my home state, rooting for a great NU football team, and trying to make sense of post graduate life. Learned a lot.