B1G Expansion

The Maudfather

People act like PBC or what ever the dudes name is is batting a thousand on the big 10 rumors. He's been pretty much wildly off the mark in the two posts he's made like this which makes me believe this rumor has almost no legs, but even if it did, you show you obviously have no understanding of anything Texas is like beyond the money they make.

It's fine, all the big ten fans wetting your pants over the Texas rumors obviously know Texas better then we do and there is no reason for Nebraska fans to worry about them joining a league they are in.

Those won't be the demands they make though, Texas negotiates in reverse. They'll work out a deal in principle then say the legislature is threatening to make them go to the pac12 with Tech/Baylor or some nonsense and need more, like to keep the LHN for the jobs it creates in the state.

Texas is batting a thousand on destroying the conferences they are in after all. I doubt Nebraska would try to block them from the league, but don't doubt for a minute 15-30 years down the line us Nebraska fans will be serving up another big bunch of "I told you so" to another soon to be dead conference as you all scramble for an exit.

How anyone could follow anything that's been happening in the big 12 over the last 2-3 years and think to themselves "ohh goody, we might get the prize that is Texas" is way beyond comprehension for us. It's idiotic and blind to how Texas operates it's athletic department.

I think we are just having fun with a total rumor that none of us think is actually legit. If Texas were in the B1G, I can assure you Texas would leave before the B1G broke up. It is the oldest and most stable conference for a reason. I don't know if anyone is touting Texas as great thing to have, I'd rather have ND, this is just good rumor mill fun in this thread (at least, that's how I took it--I could be way off the mark).

People act like PBC or what ever the dudes name is is batting a thousand on the big 10 rumors. He's been pretty much wildly off the mark in the two posts he's made like this which makes me believe this rumor has almost no legs, but even if it did, you show you obviously have no understanding of anything Texas is like beyond the money they make.

It's fine, all the big ten fans wetting your pants over the Texas rumors obviously know Texas better then we do and there is no reason for Nebraska fans to worry about them joining a league they are in.

Those won't be the demands they make though, Texas negotiates in reverse. They'll work out a deal in principle then say the legislature is threatening to make them go to the pac12 with Tech/Baylor or some nonsense and need more, like to keep the LHN for the jobs it creates in the state.

Texas is batting a thousand on destroying the conferences they are in after all. I doubt Nebraska would try to block them from the league, but don't doubt for a minute 15-30 years down the line us Nebraska fans will be serving up another big bunch of "I told you so" to another soon to be dead conference as you all scramble for an exit.

How anyone could follow anything that's been happening in the big 12 over the last 2-3 years and think to themselves "ohh goody, we might get the prize that is Texas" is way beyond comprehension for us. It's idiotic and blind to how Texas operates it's athletic department.

I think we are just having fun with a total rumor that none of us think is actually legit. If Texas were in the B1G, I can assure you Texas would leave before the B1G broke up. It is the oldest and most stable conference for a reason. I don't know if anyone is touting Texas as great thing to have, I'd rather have ND, this is just good rumor mill fun in this thread (at least, that's how I took it--I could be way off the mark).

If the BiG were to get TX and ND plus 2 Eastern/Southern schools...ie Syracuse and Ga Tech it would be THE Premier conference in the naion...there are a number of good 3rd & 4th Pics out there if they get ND and TX and go to 16