B1G Power Rankings

sd'sker

Yes, Oregon St. losing this season doesn't necessarily mean anything. However, in all fairness, they're not expected to be a very good team. But I'm willing to bet they give a highly ranked team a good run this season, like is becoming the norm for them.

Regardless, that wasn't the argument, and I'm not missing anything. Fresno St. was brought up to have a reputation as playing some top teams tough each season, while Oregon St. is totally discounted despite that fact they've earned a reputation for doing exactly the same thing. That is my entire point with that.

I never said they were giant killers. But they have earned a reputation of either taking down a high ranked team, or giving them all they can handle, once or twice a season. Not surprised at all to see the "USC always blows a game a year" excuse, though. Whatever makes it work for your argument, right? lmao, typical.

yeah, that is so typical. how we don't not do what you expect us to do, even when we don't and then you still call us out on it. hilarious.

all i said is that fresno is known for playing anyone, anywhere and giving them a run for their money. osu may have a good game or two every year in the pac 12, but i don't think that's what their known for. they are a respectable team, fine, but they are more typical in being up and down. they seem down this year, and were last year.

edit: also, yeah, people do use whatever they can to make their argument work, why wouldn't they, that's what arguing is.

Go look at the past 5 years or so if you don't believe me. The stats are available. The highlight, of course, is taking down #1 USC in 2008, but there have been plenty of other big wins or close games.

REALLY? Even if they do have a reputation of taking down big teams it will not be this year, not after losing to SACRAMENTO STATE. How are you missing that?

Didn't Michigan go on to win 10 games the year they lost to a team similar to Sacramento State? Virginia Tech went onto have a pretty decent last year after they lost to a team on par with Sacramento State.

Not by a long shot. Appalachian State was Division 1 FCS national Champions 3 years in a row...Sacramento State beat Oregon State then turned around and lost to Southern Utah. Completely different. I don't know what you're trying to prove or who you're trying to defend

yeah, that is so typical. how we don't not do what you expect us to do, even when we don't and then you still call us out on it. hilarious.

It is a long, old, boring pattern. Cynicism, criticism, and personal attacks when anyone disagrees. Yawn.

i know. i'm guilty, i was ready to throw in the towel and try to get back to something more substantial and interesting.

Fresno St. has had it's share of big losses. But by all means, continue to feel that Nebraska is automatically entitled to some huge amount of respect after playing bad for the larger part of two games. Michigan St. and Wisconsin haven't done that and they got ranked ahead of us in that list. Go figure.

Enjoy the thread, I've got better ways to amuse myself for now.

Fresno St. has had it's share of big losses. But by all means, continue to feel that Nebraska is automatically entitled to some huge amount of respect after playing bad for the larger part of two games. Michigan St. and Wisconsin haven't done that and they got ranked ahead of us in that list. Go figure.

Then go ahead and amuse yourself by doing something else because you're getting annoying.

Got other straw men to create elsewhere? Because the bold has never been anyone's argument.

It is a long, old, boring pattern. Cynicism, criticism, and personal attacks when anyone disagrees. Yawn.

And yet I'm not banned, not warned, etc. Must not be breaking board rules. And your pattern of children's logic gets old, too. As exemplified by the downgrading of Oregon State's win over #1 USC simply to fit what you seem to think is a logical argument. lol

And yet I'm not banned, not warned, etc. Must not be breaking board rules. And your pattern of children's logic gets old, too. As exemplified by the downgrading of Oregon State's win over #1 USC simply to fit what you seem to think is a logical argument. lol

Since you brought it up, you actually have two warnings, meaning #3 = bye-bye.

lol

Wait, I thought you had more amusing things to do? Bottom line is THIS YEAR, fresno st has upheld their reputation of being a great, well coached, resilient road squad while Oregon State, THIS YEAR, has not.

assuming most of us aren't here to discuss oregon st. or our perceptions of them, what does everyone else think about the B1G bloggers? i like them and find them interesting. just lately i think i've noticed they have higher expectations for NU and it might take awhile to be accepted as a true B1G member, which is not unexpected.

edit: frankly, the B1G is not that impressive, other than wiscy. no team has shown much. so i guess i think the bloggers need more perspective and maybe judge the teams equally. osu will have a bad year, msu hasn't shown much and their last big game was an embarrassment against bama, who did poorly last year compared to how they have been. the B1G is weak, and they keep bringing up how we are going to need to step up to compete in this league and how we will have to be much better to help the B1G out. the B1G is going to need a lot more than the best efforts of wiscy and NU if it wants to gain any national respect.

I like both of them. For being from ESPN, they're pretty good. WAY better than Ubben. I can only speak for Rittenberg (because the new guy is still kinda new), but he's always struck me as pretty level-headed.

I can't disagree with their rankings, and like I said in this thread or some other thread, it's early. They could have us #1 or #12, wouldn't mean much.

I think, if they are unfairly downgrading us (I don't think they are, but it's the topic), that it has as much to do with our lofty preseason expectations than anything else. People expected us to roll our first two opponents, and when we trailed Fresno at half, that raised a lot of eyebrows.