VB

That Michigan State win was huge. I thought we were goners in that one. I am very proud of this team - they got bushwhacked at Colorado State, came out a little shell-shocked, but then rallied. That Penn State match was a defining moment. After winning the first two, then losing the next two (just like at Colorado State), we could have folded. I saw some shocked looks on the bench at that point. But we came out guns blazing in the fifth game and buried the Nittany Lions to take the match, and we showed equal toughness at East Lansing. That was a tough match, and we gutted it out.

This bodes very well for the maturity of this team, and the rest of the season. I was very worried about our club after the Red and White Match this August. We seemed half-hearted and lethargic. I had even more concern after CSU. But we've really come together in the last month, and it's looking like we're a legitimate threat for the Big Ten title in our first year. Awesome.

Michigan State was huge, but turning around the following day and skunking a pretty stout Michigan team on their turf is flat-out incredible. Michigan looked flat-out scared of Nebraska during that third match, to be honest, and played like it.

Kudos to coach Cook and the team, and keep up the good work.