Wisconsin and their weak SOS

I think we ALL agreed prior to this game that Wiscy had played a very weak non-con schedule, and that they rolled them all pretty good (as a truly good team should).

And then it rather unpleasantly occurred to me that based on the final score, Nebraska currently fits into the list of weak opponents a little too well for any of us to swallow easily...

The Badger kill list so far:

51-17 UNLV

35-0 OR St.

49-7 N. Illinois

59-10 S. Dakota

48-17 Nebraska

So, is Wisconsin truly that good, or did the Huskers just lay an egg on the road?

I say Wisconsin is a bona fide Top 10 team and MNC contender (SOS will hurt them in BCS rankings though) and that BoPa has lots of things he needs to fix for NU to compete with the top tier teams.

Good luck Wisconsin Badgers. You are a class act and you are carrying the torch well that Barry Alvarez has obviously transported nobly and successfully from Lincoln to Madison. You indeed resemble the type of team we used to be and are striving to become again one day. May today be the beginning of the most hard fought but friendly rivalry in all of college smash mouth football. See ya again back in Lincoln (you won't have future NFL QB Russell Wilson next year and hopefully our young team will be more grown up). :-)

Now it's time to finally go clean up the Kool-Aid that I spilled after I dove for the hard stuff when T-Might threw his third pick and drove a stake through the heart of my desperate dream of upsetting the defending Big Ten champs on the road and marching on to win the CCG and MNC....

Reality really sucks sometimes, and that's why God made beer, liquor and chronic marijuana.... (Kool-Aid is man-made and is dangerous to your mental health)

Peace :-)

I know we'd all like to put them up on a pedastal after they just kicked us in the junk. However, I don't think there's a snowballs chance Wisconsin could hang with either LSU or Ala friggin Bama. Their DL's are fast enough to contain Wilson, and their LB's would eat his lunch. They'd beat him like a redheaded stepchild. Our OL no matter what anyone says isn't very good. We moved the ball pretty decent in the first quarter when we ran the ball. Richardson from Bama would simply roll Wisconsin. As good as OU has looked this year, I don't think they can hang with Bama or LSU either and I think they'd beat Wisconsin in a shootout.

I know we'd all like to put them up on a pedastal after they just kicked us in the junk. However, I don't think there's a snowballs chance Wisconsin could hang with either LSU or Ala friggin Bama. Their DL's are fast enough to contain Wilson, and their LB's would eat his lunch. They'd beat him like a redheaded stepchild. Our OL no matter what anyone says isn't very good. We moved the ball pretty decent in the first quarter when we ran the ball. Richardson from Bama would simply roll Wisconsin. As good as OU has looked this year, I don't think they can hang with Bama or LSU either and I think they'd beat Wisconsin in a shootout.

I didn't mean to suggest Wiscy will win the MNC, just that they will be one of the contenders in the potential mix at the end. Agree they would be tough to pick over LSU/BAMA/OU, but could end up making it to the MNC with some help from the SEC gauntlet and OU posssibly stumbling to Texa$$ or Okie Lite.

I will bet anyone that Wiscy ends the season in the top 10 and we will be lucky if we are still in the Top 20 (the reason we won't make the top 20 is because I consider T-Might fragile and expect he will get seriously banged up again before the season ends--- and we all know what happened to the offense last year when he went lame).

They are probably around a 5-6 place team imo. I think NU could be maybe 14-17ish if we can buckle down from here on out and fix our "issues" on both sides of the ball. It chapps my hind end that we were going toe to toe with them until... who knows what happened. A few players got jittery and some flags were thrown and we went away from the run. I mean, we ran away from our run game, it was gone. Like Pluto, just no longer acknowledged. I don't think Wisky stopped it. Just totally wiped away from Beck's mind. One of the more bizarre O schemes I've seen us implement. TM doing his best Bret Farve.

Wisky's O is good though. They may get a bit ruffed up by LSU or Bama, but they could move the ball on them. Their D is "kinda bad". We witnessed a total Husker meltdown on our O side of the ball and it made Wisconson's D look great.

It'd be fun to watch the Badgers O and Bama or LSU's D's brutalize each other back and forth and see who came out on top.

Thanks for the kind words. We were at the game and were really impressed by the number of Nebraska fans that likely paid a lot of $ to see their team. While I'm not sorry you had to go home disappointed, I do agree with your assessment of our SOS. You have to understand - my husband & I been season-ticket holders for 30+ years now, and this is the FIRST time Wisconsin has ever even been mentioned as a potential National Title contender. We've suffered through many seasons like poor Minnesota is having now (I distinctly remember being creamed by Ohio State 55-3 back in the late 80s). While we've had some terrific teams lately, won 3 Rose Bowls, etc. we still don't get the same respect as say, Ohio State and Michigan. I really think that no matter what we do, we'll never be thought of in the same rarified air as those two teams. So...this talk of National Title? Ha Ha Ha. Sure thing. Dream on. It'll likely never happen in my lifetime. But stranger things have happened I guess. I never thought I'd live to see Wisconsin in a Rose Bowl - when the 1993-94 Badgers won the Big 10 & went to the Rose Bowl, we had 80,000+ fans there - sportscasters called it "Camp Randall West". I still think the big demand for that game was because other Badger fans were thinking what we thought - we better go now because we'll be 89 years old before that ever happens again. Same idea with this talk of a National Title - if the Badgers should actually be in that game I think half the state of Wisconsin would be there too! But, as you say, the SOS will likely do us in. We just have to keep taking care of business & hope someone ahead of us loses.

In the meantime, welcome to the Big Ten. Good luck next week against Ohio State. I don't know if you noticed the cheering when the scoreboard announced they'd been beaten by Michigan State. We all feel SO SORRY about that!! They, Michigan & Michigan State are the scary ones this year.