Kansas State

Excel

Howdy Huskers,

Quick question. Are K-State games worth going to?

I recently relocated to Manhattan for work and this town is crazy for the Wildcats...are gameday experiences worth it if I'm not a fan? I'm thinking about going because they're decent this year and I need my football fix. I figure many of you have made the trip...

I went to last year's game between us and I had a great time. You're right that they're crazy about the Wildcats. Their student section is pretty fun to watch. While watching a couple of rows of students do the 'forward and backward' thing on T.V. is kind of dumb, it's actually really impressive and fun to watch the whole student section do the cheer in person.

Tailgating is really fun since it's pretty open around the stadium. There is plenty of space to set up a grill/cooler/games etc. I hit up Aggieville after the game and had trouble getting served beverages, but I don't think you'll encounter the same problem if you decide to go that direction.

I went to last year's game between us and I had a great time. You're right that they're crazy about the Wildcats. Their student section is pretty fun to watch. While watching a couple of rows of students do the 'forward and backward' thing on T.V. is kind of dumb, it's actually really impressive and fun to watch the whole student section do the cheer in person.

Tailgating is really fun since it's pretty open around the stadium. There is plenty of space to set up a grill/cooler/games etc. I hit up Aggieville after the game and had trouble getting served beverages, but I don't think you'll encounter the same problem if you decide to go that direction.

+1 -- and with K-State starting well, the crowd should be better than usual. Of my trips to other "close" schools (Iowa State, Kansas, Missouri, K-State), my favorite probably was Kansas State when it comes to the fans and stadium.

I am sorry for you. Having to stare at their ugly architecture on the KSU campus all the time would make me a sad panda. In terms of football, this is probably the year to watch them. I can't imagine their coach will be working much longer and they will not be as relevant for a while as they are under him. They seem decent this year. I'd say your best bet is to head to some basketball games though. You can watch a different style of basketball than is played in the B1G at a pretty high level.