Favorite QB

Favorite QB  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Brooke Berringer. I have a friend whose son was seriously sick with cancer. His father called the U and asked if there was anyone who could come visit him at the hospital from the football team .Brooke came over and visited him many times just sitting and talking with him and brought him a jersey and a autographed football. He was a great example of what a husker should be. The young man beat his cancer and misses Brooke to this day.

"Favorite" is really, really tough. I loved the Gill years, but Frazier's success and competitiveness can't be discounted. He was electric. Ganz had heart, and Taylor was made of iron.... However, Berringer was the epitome of what it is to be a Husker and is why I chose him. Evidently a lot of other people think so as well (see statue). What wonderful years.

I voted Tommie....no offense to anyone who voted for any other QB...but I can't see why you voted for any other QB. That being said...I guess I am in the minority here, but I really like Scott Frost.....almost as much as Tommie. The guy may have had an error in judgement and gone to Stanford, but he came back to NU and did a great job. I know the ASU game was bad, but outside of that (he wasn't the blame for the Texas loss in the CCG), he was solid the rest of the time (don't forget the role he played in the misery game with a minute left).

He went 24-2 as a starter including an undefeated season, won a Big 12 CCG, two bowl games, and a national championship. I'm glad he came back to Nebraska.

Those numbers are crazy impressive. Looking back now, a full decade plus after being spoiled rotten in the TO / Championship '90's, I realize that I never gave Frost a fair shake. It's really that ASU game that did it for me. He just looked like a deer in the headlights the whole time and after Tommie's unbelievable run at QB, I just couldn't forgive Frost for that one. This was stupid super-spoiled fan behavior on my part. He was, in retrospect, a total bad-ass.

Oh, I remember that ASU game well. I was screaming at the television...wanting "that Frost guy" replaced with whoever the back-up was (I think the flavor of the month back then was Frankie London). But Frost settled in well, and almost single handedly saved the `97 championship with that one-minute drill he ran against Misery. I agree with you totally, Frazier had us all very spoiled.

Yah man, that was great stuff. We did have an amazing run at QB through the 90's. The OL, RB's, and Defense were all amazing, too, and that had to help, but the QB play really was special back in the day. Here's hoping that Martinez can mature and turn into someone like any of those titans. I'd take 80% as good as Frost or Crouch gladly at this point...