Favorite QB

Favorite QB  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Toss up between Joe Ganz and Tommie.

Never liked Frost... He always seemed like a weasel, crawling back here from Stanford.

Crouch was a beast. Put the team on his back.

Seriously? With all due respect to Ganz, what did he actually accomplish at Nebraska? What game winning drives did he engineer to get a big win? I mean come on. He was at times a pick 6 machine too. He was a gamer and a good QB, but definately not one of our top 10 QBs.

Eh, I just appreciate how he stuck around, did whatever he could to help the team, finally got his chance, and played amazingly well when nobody expected him to do anything. What can I say, I'm a sucker for the underdog story.

Never liked Frost... He always seemed like a weasel, crawling back here from Stanford.

If you have the chance to play for one of the best QB coaches in the college football, you take that opportunity. He thought he would excel as a passing QB in Stanford's system. He came to his senses and we are lucky he did. Texas blew our chances of a title in 96 and we would not have had a chance at a title in 97 without that "weasel".

Wouldn't have had a chance? I don't know about that... I think that was a championship team from the beginning. They had a will to win. Frost didn't make or break that team. They had a lot else going for them.

Frost didn't exactly come crawling back from Stanford. Bill Walsh quit. Was this any worse than Crouch crawling back to

the team after Solich begged him to?

Far as I'm concerned, he crawled back after he didn't get his way at Stanford and was stuck playing safety instead of quarterback. He sold out his home state and home team for a shot at a higher draft pick. Should have just gone to Nebraska to begin with. Weasel weasel weasel!

Pretty much why I'm not surprised Taylor is catching hell.

You probably wanted Monte Christo to start.

I was okay with Frost starting. Let the better man play. Doesn't mean I like the manner in which he ended up at NU.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he played for Nebraska and didn't transfer elsewhere. But I'm not gonna sing his praises. He didn't gut it out like Ganz, or Taylor, or most of the other guys on that list.

Joe Ganz. He was a tremendous QB in probably the greatest era of QBs in Big XII history. He had to compete with Chase Daniel, Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy, Zac Robinson, Todd Reesing, Josh Freeman, Graham Harrell. Not to mention he holds the record for most TD passes in a game in NEB history with 7 against K-State in 2007. He was unexpectedly quick and was a terrific team leader.

I voted Tommie....no offense to anyone who voted for any other QB...but I can't see why you voted for any other QB. That being said...I guess I am in the minority here, but I really like Scott Frost.....almost as much as Tommie. The guy may have had an error in judgement and gone to Stanford, but he came back to NU and did a great job. I know the ASU game was bad, but outside of that (he wasn't the blame for the Texas loss in the CCG), he was solid the rest of the time (don't forget the role he played in the misery game with a minute left).

He went 24-2 as a starter including an undefeated season, won a Big 12 CCG, two bowl games, and a national championship. I'm glad he came back to Nebraska.

zach taylor stood proud and tall after taking more hits than a bong in snoop's touring bus. he was a hero.

This. Zac got his ass whooped so many times but he always jumped right back up.

If this poll was for the "toughest" Husker ever Zac Taylor wins it in a landslide. The dude was simply invincible. He got CRUSHED about 15 times every game by blitzing lbs for his two years and incredibly always got back up. The guy was meaner than a junk yard dog.

Easily the toughest Husker I've ever seen.

• Fire 1

I voted Tommie....no offense to anyone who voted for any other QB...but I can't see why you voted for any other QB. That being said...I guess I am in the minority here, but I really like Scott Frost.....almost as much as Tommie. The guy may have had an error in judgement and gone to Stanford, but he came back to NU and did a great job. I know the ASU game was bad, but outside of that (he wasn't the blame for the Texas loss in the CCG), he was solid the rest of the time (don't forget the role he played in the misery game with a minute left).

He went 24-2 as a starter including an undefeated season, won a Big 12 CCG, two bowl games, and a national championship. I'm glad he came back to Nebraska.

Imo, Frost is easily the best "option" qb we've ever had. His blind pitches to Green were dazzling and he was a load to deal with. Great, great qb for TO's offense.

In my mind, the best two are Frazier and Crouch. Frazier gets the nod from me just because I really though he could sling the ball pretty well. A little better than Crouch could. But as far as running the option goes, both were masters of the universe. Crouch got the Heisman, Frazier should have. One guy who didn't get all the accolades these two got, but surely could have gone down as one of the best if given the chance........Joey Ganz. That kid was incredible in my opinion. One of my biggest knocks on Shawn Watson........the fact that this kid rode the pine for his entire career. The man should have been on the field!

You're knocking Watson because Ganz rode the pine? Do you honestly think this was Watson's call? I don't think Martinez playing last year was Watson's call. If memory serves me correctly, the only reason Ganz even made his way to Nebraska was because of Cosgrove.

Imo, Frost is easily the best "option" qb we've ever had. His blind pitches to Green were dazzling and he was a load to deal with. Great, great qb for TO's offense.

You realize he was just an "athlete" playing QB, right? He wasn't a true QB in the sense that he was a comfortable drop-back passer. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

I think the reason for this knock stems from nobody really knows what our offense is. I can't say that I have any feel for it at all. We're not exactly the run heavy offense that I thought we would be. If Martinez was playing behind the OL that Frazier, Frost, and Berringer had; I think people would stop stomping on his cubes. I really thought heading into this season we would get a heavy heavy dose of Rex and the youngins with a little play action spread in there.

You realize he was just an "athlete" playing QB, right? He wasn't a true QB in the sense that he was a comfortable drop-back passer. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Yes, of course. But you must realize that you "can't win" with those athletes at qb anymore. The haters to a man say that so it surely must be true. Guys like Frost, Frazier, Crouch, etc are simply worthless at qb anymore.

Hopefully TO & Bo will be soon enlightened by the hater's overwhelming knowledge of cfb and swiftly return to the glorious Callahan years where we will again "sling the ball around".

Which is why I have always been baffled as to why Bill Walsh thought he would be a good fit for his offense. Not that I blame Walsh for wanting an athlete of Frost's caliber, but a Joe Montana mold QB Scott was not.

Frost actually started a few games for Stanford at QB when their starting QB was injured. If you go back and watch his throwing motion, it was signficantly different there than the shot put motion he ended up with while playing at Nebraska. I'm not exactly sure where the motion he ended up with came from, but I have heard Frost say that while he was at Stanford he didn't lift weights nearly like he did at Nebraska.

For me this is easily Frazier, and nobody else comes close.

I was only six years old when Frazier was a senior, but I remember watching him play and wanting to be just like him some day.

Regardless, Frazier is the one I saw play the most (I have both of his championship seasons on DVD) and he's also the one people always seem to go back to.