How stubborn will Pelini be?

I hope not, it would completely contradict his attitude of "I don't care what the critics say about our team".

I don't understand for the life of me why either the coaches, or Martinez (not sure which is more guilty) refuses to just allow our QB position to be a game manager. We have so many playmakers outside of the QB position that we really don't need the QB to do much other than quickly and safely get the ball into the hands of our playmakers.

I hope not, it would completely contradict his attitude of "I don't care what the critics say about our team".

I don't understand for the life of me why either the coaches, or Martinez (not sure which is more guilty) refuses to just allow our QB position to be a game manager. We have so many playmakers outside of the QB position that we really don't need the QB to do much other than quickly and safely get the ball into the hands of our playmakers.

I'm not sure either. It's possibly due to the idea that some coaches don't like the idea of a game manager at quarterback. The quarterback is the most important position on the entire field. I think most coaches like the idea of a guy who can sit there and make plays and be a game changer.

That said, I'd prefer Martinez to be a game changer with his feet than with his arm.

I am thinking back to the 1997 Central Florida game when Frost was booed. Osborne was very publicly upset with the fans. I felt that during the Washington game the next week, that Osborne tried to "feature" Frost for the pupose of silencing the critics.

Will Pelini do the same? Will Pelini/Beck try to feature Martinez even more to silence his critics? Or will they try to put Martinez in "game management" mode like he was successful in earlier this year? If they push Martinez even more to make plays, will they be willing to sit him (even for a series or two) if things don't work out?

Pelini seems to me to be a very stubborn individual. Some stubborness is good in a head coach, as I am sure all the good ones have some, and it keeps them from making rash decisions. Is Pelini TOO stubborn though? When he was publicly (should have been privately) reprimanded after the TAMU game last year, I thought he went too far the other way for the rest of the schedule. Almost as if to say, "I will show them", he became passive on the sidelines instead of just toning it down a notch and retaining some of that passion that most Husker fans love. Which way will he go this time?

Stay tuned I guess.

For the record, I would love to see Martinez rush for 100 and throw for 250 with a few scores.

Martinez will hopefully learn how to dish the rock to other players rather than trying to do so much himself. I'd like to see a lot more action from our backs and Turner. They need the reps and Martinez needs to learn that he doesn't need to do it all. We should have fewer mistakes that way.......I hope. LOL

Beck just needs to keep it simple. Get back to those toss sweep, a little option and smashmouth with Rex.

We're playing OSU which has almost zero offense so let's get back to being a "run first" identity. We can tinker with the pass game later "after" our offense starts to really gel running the ball again.

Beck just needs to keep it simple. Get back to those toss sweep, a little option and smashmouth with Rex.

We're playing OSU which has almost zero offense so let's get back to being a "run first" identity. We can tinker with the pass game later "after" our offense starts to really gel running the ball again.

That's all fine and dandy until OSU Stacks the box and makes Nebraska throw. Plus OSU has a top 15 defence(14 I think) Donita not like NU will be able to run up and down agains them.

That's all fine and dandy until OSU Stacks the box and makes Nebraska throw. Plus OSU has a top 15 defence(14 I think) Donita not like NU will be able to run up and down agains them.

Blasphemy! Just keep running it. Run, run, run and then punt. If they stop it, just keep running.

I'm not sure either. It's possibly due to the idea that some coaches don't like the idea of a game manager at quarterback. The quarterback is the most important position on the entire field. I think most coaches like the idea of a guy who can sit there and make plays and be a game changer.

That said, I'd prefer Martinez to be a game changer with his feet than with his arm.

:thumbs

Stacking the box doesn't automatically stop a run game (at all).

1. That's precisely where the option can kill them. We've got the edge speed (in spades) to hack it too.

2. As TO frequently stated, NU got most of their big plays vs a stacked box. Break through the LOS and you're......gone. LP made a living doing that.

Of course, easy play action is available also. The key is not going full bore into the Texas Tech mode as we simply can't hack that (please don't forget Tim....).

Blasphemy! Just keep running it. Run, run, run and then punt. If they stop it, just keep running.

Lol!!

Alright!! I'm with ya!! Pound that freakin ball!!

GBR!!

Stacking the box doesn't automatically stop a run game (at all).

1. That's precisely where the option can kill them. We've got the edge speed (in spades) to hack it too.

2. As TO frequently stated, NU got most of their big plays vs a stacked box. Break through the LOS and you're......gone. LP made a living doing that.

Of course, easy play action is available also. The key is not going full bore into the Texas Tech mode as we simply can't hack that (please don't forget Tim....).

Hey don't get me wrong I want to run the ball more a lot more than the wiscy game! I know it is what the team should do bit if it doesn't work early I hope they don't forget about it.