Bo Pelini has lost his edge

Watching the Wisconsin game last week was terribly difficult. Let's face it, Nebraska played like sh#t. However, Wisconsin is a great team and I don't want to take anything away from them. Wisconsin also had one of their best games. No matter what mistakes they made the play ended with roses for them. Hell, it even seemed like the more pressure we got on the QB the better passes he threw. What has completely erased my faith in Bo Pelini is not the Wisconsin game, that would have been a hard game for any coach. It is the first half of this Ohio State game. Now sure they have time to come back, and trust me I hope they do, but it doesn't change the fact that this looks like the team under Callahan in 2007. The team is falling apart. The players are clueless. The best players are the underclassmen that have had the least coaching from this staff. It's not just these two games either. The first four games we looked terrible. The only reason we won was because of how bad the other teams were. I was at the Fresno State game and I must say that I have never been that upset about a win. Every game teams have been running it right up the middle on us and getting five yards a shot. How hard is it to defend the most basic play in football? What vexes me the most is that every team can get five yards up the middle no problem, but then tries something else. It's like Watson is on their sidelines saying "Oh sh#t that worked we need to try something else." Not only that, but there is no outside coverage. In high school the most basic defensive rule is to funnel everybody into the middle. If we we let teams run run to the outside without anybody blocking them my coach would kick our ass. Yet Nebraska lets it happen every other play. On the offensive side our QB looks exactly like my high school QB. That is not, in any way, an exaggeration. They both have the same damn form. If I hear someone call him T-Magic again I'm gonna have an aneurism. I think the thing that makes me the most upset is how excited I was for this season. I knew our offense would have it's ups and downs, I was prepared for the worst, but I thought we would at least have that Black Shirts defense to keep us going. I was so excited when Callahan gets fired, and I was so excited about Bo Pelini. I liked that he was very defense-oriented, that he had had experience at Nebraska before, and that he had been the defensive coordinator of a championship LSU team. However, I think I am going to be excited again in a few years when he gets fired. Nebraska, yet again, needs a new coach. I will not claim to have any idea of what is out there, but I do know the one we have now is losing it. All that I ask of the next coach is that he doesn't slowly fizzle out.

Really, though? The graphic showing how your D was the best in the nation in 2009 and 9th last year should show that he is capable of coaching great defenses. There is clearly something about THIS particulate D that isn't gelling for some reson.

I could understand getting rid of him if he just blew chunks across the board, but shouldnt you give him time to fix whatever is wrong?

Really, though? The graphic showing how your D was the best in the nation in 2009 and 9th last year should show that he is capable of coaching great defenses. There is clearly something about THIS particulate D that isn't gelling for some reson.

I could understand getting rid of him if he just blew chunks across the board, but shouldnt you give him time to fix whatever is wrong?

That's what people said about Callahan. He only got worse.