Sipple: Dirk was wrong

I like Sip but he is a cop-out.

Dirk is a great reporter and journalist. He shares his opinions.. AN OPINION A LOT OF PEOPLE SHARED BEFORE THE 2ND HALF of the tOSU GAME!

Dirk gets the story and writes what the people think and doesnt kiss the coaching staffs balls. Sipple, and others dont.. they will never write a negative thing because they're scared of the rath of Bo.

People who dont like Dirk are Nebraska homers who need to take off the red colored glasses.

For the record, Dirk's been my favorite writer/reporter in any NE publication since our 2009 comeback win over Mizzou. (Following that win, he investigated Watson's statement about Mizzou loading the box against our run and shutting us down, when in reality they weren't loading the box. We just couldn't block and the play-calling hindered our chances to move the ball. And Dirk was right on) Needless to say, I look forward to every one of his articles b/c he gives it to us straight. And his investigative skills are head and shoulders above the rest, which really helps him unearth stuff that's below the surface of the issue at hand.

Dirk's apology, while well-written, was totally unnecessary. He has a job to do, and he's damn good at that job. I realize Bo Pelini has a job to do as well, and he is damn good at his job too. But come on now, Bo. Do you really need to play such childish games? Seriously, what does it say about a program that can't handle the heat of one reporter's criticism of a coach and his quarterback?

I know, I know. Bo is a player's coach, and he will stand up for his players at all costs. Blah blah blah. Grow up, Bo. Or better yet, learn how to deal with the media in a way that doesn't make you come across as such a jackass. Believe it or not, the media plays a big role in major collegiate athletics, especially its cash crop - football. When articles like the one Dirk wrote appear in a major media outlet, take the heat and do something about it on the field. Prove all the naysayers wrong without all the childish (and sometimes threatening) reactions.

Its nice to know some other people on this board feel the same way I do about Bo. Everyone else is just.....oh never mind, its not worth arguing this again.

Dirk is a great reporter and journalist. He shares his opinions.. AN OPINION A LOT OF PEOPLE SHARED BEFORE THE 2ND HALF of the tOSU GAME!

Dirk gets the story and writes what the people think and doesnt kiss the coaching staffs balls. Sipple, and others dont.. they will never write a negative thing because they're scared of the rath of Bo.

People who dont like Dirk are Nebraska homers who need to take off the red colored glasses.

For the record, Dirk's been my favorite writer/reporter in any NE publication since our 2009 comeback win over Mizzou. (Following that win, he investigated Watson's statement about Mizzou loading the box against our run and shutting us down, when in reality they weren't loading the box. We just couldn't block and the play-calling hindered our chances to move the ball. And Dirk was right on) Needless to say, I look forward to every one of his articles b/c he gives it to us straight. And his investigative skills are head and shoulders above the rest, which really helps him unearth stuff that's below the surface of the issue at hand.

Dirk's apology, while well-written, was totally unnecessary. He has a job to do, and he's damn good at that job. I realize Bo Pelini has a job to do as well, and he is damn good at his job too. But come on now, Bo. Do you really need to play such childish games? Seriously, what does it say about a program that can't handle the heat of one reporter's criticism of a coach and his quarterback?

I know, I know. Bo is a player's coach, and he will stand up for his players at all costs. Blah blah blah. Grow up, Bo. Or better yet, learn how to deal with the media in a way that doesn't make you come across as such a jackass. Believe it or not, the media plays a big role in major collegiate athletics, especially its cash crop - football. When articles like the one Dirk wrote appear in a major media outlet, take the heat and do something about it on the field. Prove all the naysayers wrong without all the childish (and sometimes threatening) reactions.

I agree with most everything in your post, but I would also add that although Dirk does have some strong reporting skills, I believe he could make significant strides in the format by which he delivers those opinions. It's not that Dirk is a bad writer, because he's actually a pretty good writer. But his delivery method is far too often construed with someone who doesn't like the program.

Now he has publicly (and unnecessarily) apologized, saying that he has been a Husker fan all his life. He didn't need to. But it's the little things, like his aesthetics and his semantics, that are a problem at times.

I agree with most everything in your post, but I would also add that although Dirk does have some strong reporting skills, I believe he could make significant strides in the format by which he delivers those opinions. It's not that Dirk is a bad writer, because he's actually a pretty good writer. But his delivery method is far too often construed with someone who doesn't like the program.

Now he has publicly (and unnecessarily) apologized, saying that he has been a Husker fan all his life. He didn't need to. But it's the little things, like his aesthetics and his semantics, that are a problem at times.

And you think someone didn't force Dirk to write that apology? HA! Knowing the way Dirk writes, I say there's no way he'd turn around a week later and simply apologize. Something is definitely screwy about that.