Need recording DVD's help!!

I have a Sony VHS to DVD recorder and I have transfered most of my collection over to DVD.

My question is how do you record the copyrighted games?? I have all the games thisa year recorded on my DVR but everytime I try to rip them to DVD it syas it can't record copyrighted material. Wasn't it copyrighted on the VHS too??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

VHS predates digital copyright protection, the tech just was not there. To get them off a DVR from a cable or sat company requires doing some illegal things. The only real way to do it is to build a PC complete with a Tuner card, and make the computer into a DVR. I used to work with a guy who did this, it can get a bit pricy, and you need to know your way around computers.

Yeah it will probably take a PC and a way to get the files off the DVR to the PC. It probably isn't something you'd be able to easily tackle even then (I know back 10 years ago when I had a TIVO, they did things like offset the disk so you couldn't pull it out of the Tivo and read it in a computer).

It's probably more involved then consumer hardware can tackle and frankly more of a pita then dealing with digital things should be (all for artificial reasons (see DRM)).

I'd suggest finding a football torrent site, a "peerblock"-ing program and just downloading the games again to burn them to dvd from the computer and you won't have to deal with all the bull that copying them from a DVR would entail.

and then stop supporting companies that make things like this a pita.

Thanks guys! That torrent site is a good idea that I hadn't thought of. I was thinking that maybe someone would tell me that I could take off the back of the DVD recorder and pull a diode or something and record away! eyeswear2allthatsholy Ya, in case you haven't guessed I'm not very tech savy. Thanks for the replys!!!