B1G, not SEC, is nation's top conference

Nexus

Lost amdi the hype of the game of the year is the reality of the year: The SEC is no longer college football's best conference.

For this year, anyway.

Debate it all you like, but there’s no getting around the fact that once you get past the first three teams in the conference (Alabama, LSU, Arkansas), there’s not much else left.

Continue Reading

Hate to be that guy but...

"Lost amdi the hype of the game of the year is the reality of the year: The SEC is no longer college football's best conference."

Really? A spelling error in the first sentance?

Your sentiments seem to be echoed in the comments...

haha and then I go and make one right here...wow. Well I'm not writing for AOL so its ok I guess.

i actually agree with the author. SEC= weak this season. im not so sure that Bama and LSU arent a little overrated in the first place considering how bad the bottom of their conference is. South Carolina and Arky are very clearly overrated and fringe top 20 at best. i think on any given day there are 5 teams that would have a good shot at beating either LSU or Bama, and no im not counting the skers. we shall see though!!!

i think this is definitely the year that the SEC does not win the MNC. too much hype, too little competition.

Bama and LSU are really sucking the life out of the SEC this year and are head and shoulders above the rest (looking at you UGA, Arky and South Carolina) Sure the conference is 'down' but they still win the MNC though... LSU playing on the road is just ridiculous...they've beat Oregon soundly and throttled WVU in Morgantown...if they beat Bama they win the MNC easily in my mind.

Bama and LSU are really sucking the life out of the SEC this year and are head and shoulders above the rest (looking at you UGA, Arky and South Carolina) Sure the conference is 'down' but they still win the MNC though... LSU playing on the road is just ridiculous...they've beat Oregon soundly and throttled WVU in Morgantown...if they beat Bama they win the MNC easily in my mind.

but look at the rest of their schedule its bad. really bad. they are ranked 96th in passing offense and something like 50th in rushing offense. albeit they have the 12th scoring offense but you cant always count on getting the short field. they will likely lose today and im of the opinion alabama will also lose at some point. jmo..