....the 4th annual Bo Pelini bed-wetting contest.

*sigh*

I'm still a Pelini fan... but I'll never understand why we have to do this once a year. One game where every god damn thing goes wrong.

Is it so hard to respect your opponent enough that you give them the benefit of the doubt? Or do we have too many guys who were growing nice and fat all week beaming about all the wonderful press they were getting?

I think it is fairly apparent that football teams take on the personality of the coach... well we know Bo is intense, but he's also extremely volatile. The fortunes of this program under his tutelage seem to be equally volatile.

I don't want anyone fired. I don't want anyone singled out for this.

Rather, I just want to see something resembling consistency. The masterpieces like last week's game make the ones like this so much harder to swallow.

I don't want to make any excuses for Bo or his staff but we have to remember that this team is fairly young. With that said, I'm getting sick and tired hearing Bo saying that this team "isn't there yet, more room for impovement"......

I too don't want to see anyone receive thier pink papers but is there a way we can get Barney into a new position coach, say..equipment manager coach??

The bottom line is Bo gets a pass. New OC, position coaches, offensive schemes etc......I am not calling for heads, BUT it is ironic that it took game 6 to get a secondary that was the same as the week before, that Evans, Green and Osborne played last year, have been in the system and still struggle, that a converted WR gets the start at CB after only 3 weeks, that Carl talks about the lack of physicality from our DB's that Dennard talks about changing the way Sanders had them playing (same comments from Evans) and that Raymond says you can't play like "that" in the B1G because of penalties. Sanders was a huge loss, perhaps the biggest under Bo's watch. Raymond coached CB's at Utah State, IIRC, they were 110th in pass defense efficiency last year and Raymond was the best Bo could get. The best to come to a team that sent Gomes, Prince and Haag to the league. Not to mention Assante, O'Hanlon and the Bullocks to the NFL.

Our secondary used to be the strength of the team. You can talk about loss of players, experience etc..., but the inability to have consistent starters after a spring and fall camp, with two guys returning with significant/moderate experience at CB and several guys with experience at safety leads me to wonder WTH? Where is Osborn, PJ, Josh Mitchell etc.....Coaching IMO, or lack there of.

Sometimes technique doesn't fit scheme ie Wats and his WCO and Cotton's O line.

I really thought the DB's turned the corner last week, but today WOW. Out of position, slow, poor coverage, not playing the ball, not playing physical at the LOS. Crazy.

The fact this is the NINTH game.... that's what drives me crazy. You should be playing your best football this time of year.

This is the ninth game... you don't have your starting secondary figured out. You haven't figured out your best players at a number of positions. How long do you need?