Here is my attempt at legitimate optimism

JTrain

IMHO, Martinez played the best game of his career. He actually ran with authority, made good decisions and actually saw him do a shoulder pump to freeze a DB. He is really progressing in the game manager and leadership role.

Besides a few drops, the receivers were catching the balls and laying the wood on blocks.

We scored 25 points in spite of one of the worst offensive game plans I have witnessed under Bo.

Maher punted well

That s about all I can recall for now. Enough posts about the bad so I won't hijack the thread.

My biggest concern (outside of the defense) is that Rex didn't look good from the start. We've got the meat of the schedule right NOW. We need him healthy and I don't know why the hell he had to play so damn late into last weeks game. He looked tired and worn out.

Sadly the same reason last season that a one legged Martinez started over a healthy Green and Lee. For some odd reason, this staff appears to be of the mindset that the starter does not come out. Even injured, the "starter" has to be better than the back up.

IMHO, a smart staff would have limited his carries last week and even today. Give the triplets a chance to shine. They burned their red shirts for like 25 carries between the 3 of them. At a minimum it would have given us a change of pace back, a new wrinkle for the DC's to worry about, experience to help us down the road and possibly different play calling.

The staff baffles me with their whole methodology. One week the greatest play calling and decision making and then look like some grade school kids on the play ground. Boggles the mind.

In life you get beat, sometimes you just need to congratulate the winner and be done with it. This seems to be one of those times. NW is a high class intelligent football team and they earned that win. Fitzgerald was a great player and a good coach. The Huskers played hard to the end. It was a great game to watch. The only thing I feel bad about was I told my son before the game if Neb. won I would take him to Chuckie Cheese. My 5 yr old is being brain washed by Iowa fans and I thought it was a great plan to get him cheering on the huskers. It back fired and now he really "hates" them. GBR

In life you get beat, sometimes you just need to congratulate the winner and be done with it. This seems to be one of those times. NW is a high class intelligent football team and they earned that win. Fitzgerald was a great player and a good coach. The Huskers played hard to the end. It was a great game to watch. The only thing I feel bad about was I told my son before the game if Neb. won I would take him to Chuckie Cheese. My 5 yr old is being brain washed by Iowa fans and I thought it was a great plan to get him cheering on the huskers. It back fired and now he really "hates" them. GBR

Not sure about that part but I get what you are saying with your post. The way Penn State, Michigan and Iowa are playing we should be very optomistic about the near future. Even if MSU wins out, we'll get a decent bowl game.