The Storied Rivalry

I f'ing hate Minnesota.

What is this "Minnesota" you speak of?

A sad little principality that carved themselves out from the Dakotas.

An acceptable term for that hell hole is actually East Dakota

Uhhh, having in-laws from Minnesota, and friends from Wisconsin....gotta say, Wisconsin is pretty much East Minnesota (Or Minnesota is West Wisconsin)...in other words, can't really tell em apart. It's so cute how if you look on a map it looks like Minnesota is giving Wisconsin a big hug.

I f'ing hate Minnesota.

Uhhh, having in-laws from Minnesota, and friends from Wisconsin....gotta say, Wisconsin is pretty much East Minnesota (Or Minnesota is West Wisconsin)...in other words, can't really tell em apart. It's so cute how if you look on a map it looks like Minnesota is giving Wisconsin a big hug.

I'm originally from that border area up over by the cities and outside of sports we're pretty similar. Shared culture, religion, taste in food, similar politics, ethnic backgrounds, weather, accents etc...most everyone I grew up with had some part of their family in MN and you'd go there for the Mall, Airport or major health care so there's a lot of exchange. Another part of it is the reciprocity between the two states' university systems; I knew kids that went to UMD for the same cost as going to Eau Claire or La Crosse. My cousin even works for the Vikings Radio Network (Traitor!)

People from the Twin Cities are a little different but for the most part we're essentially the same people...which I think leads even more to the tension. As HB said...f#*k Minnesota

I f'ing hate Minnesota.

I'm originally from that border area up over by the cities and outside of sports we're pretty similar. Shared culture, religion, taste in food, similar politics, ethnic backgrounds, weather, accents etc...most everyone I grew up with had some part of their family in MN and you'd go there for the Mall, Airport or major health care so there's a lot of exchange. Another part of it is the reciprocity between the two states' university systems; I knew kids that went to UMD for the same cost as going to Eau Claire or La Crosse. My cousin even works for the Vikings Radio Network (Traitor!)

People from the Twin Cities are a little different but for the most part we're essentially the same people...which I think leads even more to the tension. As HB said...f#*k Minnesota

That is too funny. This was such a calm, even tempered, cerebral look at the similarities between the states....but you couldn't resist letting your true emotions finish things off...love it!