The Storied Rivalry

are we going to need a Wisconsin forum now?

Well, it only makes sense.

in that case "GO HOME BADGERS!"

Fixed it for you. jk I like you guys more than AustinHuskr. I wish someone would just push him off the cliff he is standing on.

Much better, did AustinHuskr come with you? I mean, the closing of HPedia. Was he annoying there. I'm assuming your an ex-patriot from HP by you date.

Some Big Ten history and tradition - Wisconsin vs Minnesota

http://buckyville.yu...Storied-Rivalry

It is, of course, the most-played rivalry in Division I-A football. 120 meetings and counting, missing only 1906 since that first game in 1890. It was once for the Slab Of Bacon, and since WW 2, has been played for Paul Bunyan's Axe. Minnie leads the series, 59-53-8.

For a lot of old-timers like me, it is THE game of the season. I frankly want to win this game more than any other. A victory over the Gophers can salvage a 1-10 season; it can be the caviar on a Big Ten championship.

===

I know this isn't Nebraska (nor PSU scandal) related, but I thought some readers might appreciate some of the flavor of the UW-UM rivalry.

Las Vegas has made Wisconsin more than a 20 point favorite on Saturday. Probably won't cover. In this game even a very bad team puts in extra effort and makes for a close contest. In 2007 Wisconsin was pretty good and Minnesota were 1-10. The Gophers came very close to winning.

If you get a chance to watch the end of the game, watch the celebration with the Axe.

Quite possibly the best trophy ever :worship

Some Big Ten history and tradition - Wisconsin vs Minnesota

http://buckyville.yu...Storied-Rivalry

It is, of course, the most-played rivalry in Division I-A football. 120 meetings and counting, missing only 1906 since that first game in 1890. It was once for the Slab Of Bacon, and since WW 2, has been played for Paul Bunyan's Axe. Minnie leads the series, 59-53-8.

For a lot of old-timers like me, it is THE game of the season. I frankly want to win this game more than any other. A victory over the Gophers can salvage a 1-10 season; it can be the caviar on a Big Ten championship.

===

I know this isn't Nebraska (nor PSU scandal) related, but I thought some readers might appreciate some of the flavor of the UW-UM rivalry.

Las Vegas has made Wisconsin more than a 20 point favorite on Saturday. Probably won't cover. In this game even a very bad team puts in extra effort and makes for a close contest. In 2007 Wisconsin was pretty good and Minnesota were 1-10. The Gophers came very close to winning.

If you get a chance to watch the end of the game, watch the celebration with the Axe.

Quite possibly the best trophy ever :worship

I mean...its a trophy...that could very easily cleave someone in two...and the players get to swing it around when they win.

It's not televised here in KS so I've had to turn to other sources...after half an hour of digging I managed to find ONE site carrying the game...unfortunately the announcers are speaking in German :facepalm:

What do they want with our football? Why did they pick this game? I sense trouble afoot