Should the Huskers boycott the game?

I have visited the Penn St boards and there is a lot of talk about whether or not they should boycott or cancel the game if several other heads don't roll before Saturday. Their fan base is at each others throats. Paterno has now had a Press Release saying he will continue to coach thru the end of the season then retire. I know there are a lot of implications from revenues to responsibility, but what if Nebraska boycotted the game? The team refused to go to "Not so Happy Valley"? Not saying we should......not saying we shouldn't, just wondering what others thoughts are. One thing is for sure, the whole nation will be checking in to see how this game is handled by the media, the coaches, the players and the fans on both sides. Regardless of decisions made, I am one Husker fan that will feel dirty after this game no matter the outcome.

I don't think so because not a single player on either side should be punished for the behavior of a few.

But i could understand an arguement for the victims.

i wish we could force psu to give the money from the tickets we buy (or all the proceeds of the game) and give it to some charity that works with helping children after being abused or even rehabilitating those who are at risk to abuse children or any charity dealing with child abuse.

I get that they're trying to set up charities and the what not but to me it just seems really paltry and inadequate...

I have visited the Penn St boards and there is a lot of talk about whether or not they should boycott or cancel the game if several other heads don't roll before Saturday. Their fan base is at each others throats. Paterno has now had a Press Release saying he will continue to coach thru the end of the season then retire. I know there are a lot of implications from revenues to responsibility, but what if Nebraska boycotted the game? The team refused to go to "Not so Happy Valley"? Not saying we should......not saying we shouldn't, just wondering what others thoughts are. One thing is for sure, the whole nation will be checking in to see how this game is handled by the media, the coaches, the players and the fans on both sides. Regardless of decisions made, I am one Husker fan that will feel dirty after this game no matter the outcome.

I don't think so because not a single player on either side should be punished for the behavior of a few.

But i could understand an arguement for the victims.

the problem is that your really can not punish the institution without punishing the players. just like at USC, to a much lesser extent, the players and coaches there are paying for the crimes of former players and coaches who bolted and got away. the school is so intertwined with this scandal, it is almost impossible for the students not to suffer.

i wish we could force psu to give the money from the tickets we buy (or all the proceeds of the game) and give it to some charity that works with helping children after being abused or even rehabilitating those who are at risk to abuse children or any charity dealing with child abuse.

I get that they're trying to set up charities and the what not but to me it just seems really paltry and inadequate...

right, but if i was a husker fan going to 'happy valley', i would want to support my players, but not the institution of psu.

right, but if i was a husker fan going to 'happy valley', i would want to support my players, but not the institution of psu.

Oh I'm not knocking your idea but to me the charitable efforts they're going to be pushing at this game, while probably a good cause, just seem like a really cheap attempt at atoning for PSU's wrongs. NU has nothing to do with this but if I were a Husker fan I'd rather spend the money and time going to Ann Arbor

Oh I'm not knocking your idea but to me the charitable efforts they're going to be pushing at this game, while probably a good cause, just seem like a really cheap attempt at atoning for PSU's wrongs. NU has nothing to do with this but if I were a Husker fan I'd rather spend the money and time going to Ann Arbor

oh, there are no reparations for what the school has done, never.

is anyone watching CNN? are the students trying to make this event a feel good about their steadfast support? newsflash, loyalty is as much a vice as a virtue.

I have a problem with people knocking their students...there's a difference between standing for and with your school during some damn tough times (what I think they're doing) and supporting sodomy and rape (what the PSU officials did). I haven't heard any students saying Sandusky should walk simply because he was a Lion, just a lot of pro-Paterno banter which I understand completely. That man, is in many ways...their school and everything they know to be football....I feel their pain. It might be in poor taste but so be it...

I have a problem with people knocking their students...there's a difference between standing for and with your school during some damn tough times (what I think they're doing) and supporting sodomy and rape (what the PSU officials did). I haven't heard any students saying Sandusky should walk simply because he was a Lion, just a lot of pro-Paterno banter which I understand completely. That man, is in many ways...their school and everything they know to be football....I feel their pain. It might be in poor taste but so be it...

i understand what you are saying, but i disagree. it is confusing and they are supporting their school is what will be an inevitable onslaught of disgust and judgment for decades to come, but there are real victims who will continue for the rest of their lives to try to pick up the pieces of their shattered lives. forget pride and support, think of the victims (not you personally, but those rioting or parading or whatever they are doing). i understand the students probably do not fully understand the magnitude of this situation, but it is still in poor taste.

i understand what you are saying, but i disagree. it is confusing and they are supporting their school is what will be an inevitable onslaught of disgust and judgment for decades to come, but there are real victims who will continue for the rest of their lives to try to pick up the pieces of their shattered lives. forget pride and support, think of the victims (not you personally, but those rioting or parading or whatever they are doing). i understand the students probably do not fully understand the magnitude of this situation, but it is still in poor taste.

Yea I don't mean to make it sound like I don't care about the victims...I do and I tried to make that clear in my earlier posts about this but its kind of been lost in the sauce...they're where the focus should be...not on Penn State football.

Yea I don't mean to make it sound like I don't care about the victims...I do and I tried to make that clear in my earlier posts about this but its kind of been lost in the sauce...they're where the focus should be...not on Penn State football.

yea, and i was not implying that. i understood what you were saying. the students, and this is age appropriate, feel the whole world is against them and what they identify the most with, psu. and the students are innocent, so they probably do not understand why their university has to be denigrated because of a few awful people. they do not want to see this happen to the school they love. so it makes sense they would rally. but i would not want anything to do with that campus after this scandal and find joe pa indefensible.

yea, and i was not implying that. i understood what you were saying. the students, and this is age appropriate, feel the whole world is against them and what they identify the most with, psu. so it makes sense they would rally. but i would not want anything to do with that campus after this scandal.

It's so easy to say that from an outside perspective and I agree. Being who I am I wouldn't go anywhere near state college...but putting myself in their shoes I understand it. That's all I'm saying.

yea, and i was not implying that. i understood what you were saying. the students, and this is age appropriate, feel the whole world is against them and what they identify the most with, psu. so it makes sense they would rally. but i would not want anything to do with that campus after this scandal.

It's so easy to say that from an outside perspective and I agree. Being who I am I wouldn't go anywhere near state college...but putting myself in their shoes I understand it. That's all I'm saying.

i agree, and i further elaborated my post.