From Penn State Fan

PSU has always been classy, except for that diss on Pittsburgh residents. Actually, who cares about the residents; only the Steelers matter! :)

[edit] I feel bad about JoePa - he's a classy guy--still culpable, but an honest mistake (IMO, I don't know exactly what happened.)

PSU overall is still classy, the whiteout at the stadium kicks ass, and I hope it looks like blood flowing with all the Husker fans in attendance! Heh

It is painfully apparent that you don't have the foggiest idea what happened or there is no way you could say he's a classy guy that made an honest mistake. Please go to some of the other threads here, find a link to the grand jury report, read it, and then see if you still feel he is such a classy guy. He could've and should've taken action that would have prevented further harm to an untold number of other children. What he did instead cannot even be classified as human let alone an honest mistake. Save your pity for the young boys who were harmed, their parents, and all of the innocent PSU fans, players, and students who will ultimately be paying the price for what some of these soulless individuals did or failed to do.

its the guys opinion and frankly a valid opinion. you, him, nor I have any way of knowing what actually happened at all and yes ive read the report. im not saying that joe is innocent but i cant say that he is guilty without a shred of doubt either. innocent until PROVEN guilty as they say. imo the heat should definitely be on sandusky but i question whether joe should have been fired considering that he did everything that was required to do from his employer. it doesnt matter that it was immoral and wrong, the fact that he met the guidelines for his job at that particular point in time. jmo.

Ok I have to be done with this because if people don't think that he should have been fired because he did "what was required" then this world is further in the toilet then I thought! I'm sure if it was your kid getting butt raped you would be over joyed that somebody only did what was required. Back to football

thats not what i said. take out the fact that it was a child molestation case. lets say in your job you saw someone stealing money so you went and reported it to your boss. your boss then decides to not do the right thing and tell his boss so they can turn it in. so then you get blamed and fired even though you did your job. you would then be able to file unemployment for wrongful firing as well as very likely getting a large sum for the same thing in court. my point of view has nothing to do with the actions that were committed but rather the basis of someone doing their job as required.

never in that did i or anyone else say that a kid getting "butt raped" (insensitive to the subject obviously) would be ok. reading comprehension is using taught starting as young as 4 years old.....

PSU has always been classy, except for that diss on Pittsburgh residents. Actually, who cares about the residents; only the Steelers matter! :)

[edit] I feel bad about JoePa - he's a classy guy--still culpable, but an honest mistake (IMO, I don't know exactly what happened.)

PSU overall is still classy, the whiteout at the stadium kicks ass, and I hope it looks like blood flowing with all the Husker fans in attendance! Heh

It is painfully apparent that you don't have the foggiest idea what happened or there is no way you could say he's a classy guy that made an honest mistake. Please go to some of the other threads here, find a link to the grand jury report, read it, and then see if you still feel he is such a classy guy. He could've and should've taken action that would have prevented further harm to an untold number of other children. What he did instead cannot even be classified as human let alone an honest mistake. Save your pity for the young boys who were harmed, their parents, and all of the innocent PSU fans, players, and students who will ultimately be paying the price for what some of these soulless individuals did or failed to do.

its the guys opinion and frankly a valid opinion. you, him, nor I have any way of knowing what actually happened at all and yes ive read the report. im not saying that joe is innocent but i cant say that he is guilty without a shred of doubt either. innocent until PROVEN guilty as they say. imo the heat should definitely be on sandusky but i question whether joe should have been fired considering that he did everything that was required to do from his employer. it doesnt matter that it was immoral and wrong, the fact that he met the guidelines for his job at that particular point in time. jmo.

Ok I have to be done with this because if people don't think that he should have been fired because he did "what was required" then this world is further in the toilet then I thought! I'm sure if it was your kid getting butt raped you would be over joyed that somebody only did what was required. Back to football

thats not what i said. take out the fact that it was a child molestation case. lets say in your job you saw someone stealing money so you went and reported it to your boss. your boss then decides to not do the right thing and tell his boss so they can turn it in. so then you get blamed and fired even though you did your job. you would then be able to file unemployment for wrongful firing as well as very likely getting a large sum for the same thing in court. my point of view has nothing to do with the actions that were committed but rather the basis of someone doing their job as required.

never in that did i or anyone else say that a kid getting "butt raped" (insensitive to the subject obviously) would be ok. reading comprehension is using taught starting as young as 4 years old.....

You need to look at your comparison- JoePa and anyone else that knew (and the report says he did know, as early as 2004, probably a long time before that) should have been canned and pelted with rocks and garbage for knowningly allowing that creep to continue to visit the campus and be involved with boys- 8 years of knowing- 8 years of kids that could be getting buggered and not a question, or call to the cops-who, but a souless ego-driven D-head could sleep at night knowing that kids are getting their childhood and life destroyed when you had eight years to stop it? the guy is as guilty as the perv as far as I can see, and any comparison to money theft shouldn't even be in the conversation- This is as close to murder as it gets- not some petty theft deal

Wow, that's just so much crap.....really?

Hello Husker fans. I ventured over here to see if there was any football talk going on. However, As I am finding there is no place to escape all the talk, and that is understandable. I noticed there are some serious and genuine concerns about safety, and after last night I can see why. I live in a rural farming community 50 miles east of State College where Penn State is everything. In a state of over twelve million people, don't confuse us with Philly and Pittsburgh people. I have been going to Penn State games all my life and I can tell you that we are lost and hurt, but not stupid. We have been told we were above all that is vial in the world of college sports and we all bought into it. It is hard to even grasp what is going on. However the consensus among all fans that I have spoken to is when due process runs it course, those guilty should pay a heavy price. What I would like to see happen to Sandusky, the law would never allow. As for your trip to State College, I would bet the farm that Nebraska fans will be treated with respect. It will feel like a funeral probably, but as far as fan safety, I truly believe all visitors will be safe. As long as visiting fans remember they are here for a football game and not to rub salt in the wounds of life long beloved fans, all will be fine. I for one will go out of my way to welcome Husker fans and condemn openly and mistreatment. I appreciate your Great program and its' tradition, and hope whoever makes the trip will enjoy your time here. P.S. Pray for us all. We Still Are....Penn State

Shawn, It's quite obvious you are a huge PSU supporter and fan. I wish you and the state well. I spent many a night in Northeast PA in Susquahanna County around the pond fishing.

My one question, and I need help with this, is why will this experience in Happy Valley for the NU fans be different than the horrible treatment we felt last time with no "situation?"

I have not been to a game at Penn State, but friends who have been tell me that they were treated pretty rough by the Penn State fans. So, we have evidence that the student body is perfectly willing to take to the streets and get violent over what is going on out there. So...let's wait and see how fans wearing Husker gear get treated...I'm not optimistic...

Hello Husker fans. I ventured over here to see if there was any football talk going on. However, As I am finding there is no place to escape all the talk, and that is understandable. I noticed there are some serious and genuine concerns about safety, and after last night I can see why. I live in a rural farming community 50 miles east of State College where Penn State is everything. In a state of over twelve million people, don't confuse us with Philly and Pittsburgh people. I have been going to Penn State games all my life and I can tell you that we are lost and hurt, but not stupid. We have been told we were above all that is vial in the world of college sports and we all bought into it. It is hard to even grasp what is going on. However the consensus among all fans that I have spoken to is when due process runs it course, those guilty should pay a heavy price. What I would like to see happen to Sandusky, the law would never allow. As for your trip to State College, I would bet the farm that Nebraska fans will be treated with respect. It will feel like a funeral probably, but as far as fan safety, I truly believe all visitors will be safe. As long as visiting fans remember they are here for a football game and not to rub salt in the wounds of life long beloved fans, all will be fine. I for one will go out of my way to welcome Husker fans and condemn openly and mistreatment. I appreciate your Great program and its' tradition, and hope whoever makes the trip will enjoy your time here. P.S. Pray for us all. We Still Are....Penn State

Shawn, It's quite obvious you are a huge PSU supporter and fan. I wish you and the state well. I spent many a night in Northeast PA in Susquahanna County around the pond fishing.

My one question, and I need help with this, is why will this experience in Happy Valley for the NU fans be different than the horrible treatment we felt last time with no "situation?"

Uh...what he said...

im merely looking at it from a legality perspective. and for the record, how are you to know that paterno allowed the man on campus? how do you know that he didnt ask him to leave and he just didnt have the authority to make him leave?

seriously there are so many holes and yet people are willing to condemn a man that before a week or so ago was consider a great man and a man that would do nothing wrong. im not saying that paterno is innocent or guilty because at this point there is no way to know.

to me it is clear that the mob mentallity of follow the leader has taken over the college athletics world right now.

can ANYONE show me PROOF of a reason that paterno should have been fired? if you can then i am wrong. if not then how can you condemn him?

im merely looking at it from a legality perspective. and for the record, how are you to know that paterno allowed the man on campus? how do you know that he didnt ask him to leave and he just didnt have the authority to make him leave?

seriously there are so many holes and yet people are willing to condemn a man that before a week or so ago was consider a great man and a man that would do nothing wrong. im not saying that paterno is innocent or guilty because at this point there is no way to know.

to me it is clear that the mob mentallity of follow the leader has taken over the college athletics world right now.

can ANYONE show me PROOF of a reason that paterno should have been fired? if you can then i am wrong. if not then how can you condemn him?

Good point...I can't make a judgment...however, the trustees saw the Grand Jury report and decided to fire him.

Obviously some people have not actually read the grand jury report, if you can read pages 6 thru 8 and tell me that there was no reason for Joe to report this to the police then you are a very sick individual that should probably seek help. Also, comparing rape of a 10 year old boy to somebody stealing a stapler at work may also qualify you for some needed help. Is it really that hard to understand what happened here? You understand that these were children right? We aren't talking about some bunny rabbits that got mistreated at a cosmetic company! These are CHILDREN for christ sake! All it would have taken is for one f'ing person to nut up and do the right thing and several lives could have been saved from this piece of sh#t. Everybody that was metioned in that grand jury report is a spineless coward that deserves to die in a fiery car accident! There is no POSSIBLE way you can twist it to make it ok! NONE!!! Holy hell! this is un-freak'n beleivable!

Obviously some people have not actually read the grand jury report, if you can read pages 6 thru 8 and tell me that there was no reason for Joe to report this to the police then you are a very sick individual that should probably seek help. Also, comparing rape of a 10 year old boy to somebody stealing a stapler at work may also qualify you for some needed help. Is it really that hard to understand what happened here? You understand that these were children right? We aren't talking about some bunny rabbits that got mistreated at a cosmetic company! These are CHILDREN for christ sake! All it would have taken is for one f'ing person to nut up and do the right thing and several lives could have been saved from this piece of sh#t. Everybody that was metioned in that grand jury report is a spineless coward that deserves to die in a fiery car accident! There is no POSSIBLE way you can twist it to make it ok! NONE!!! Holy hell! this is un-freak'n beleivable!

This is so serious that I can see the PSU Board of Trustees imposing a "death penalty" on the football program for the rest of this year and next year.

Your thoughts are some of the toughest to reply to that I have ever run across. I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But, apparently along with that entitlement, people are also allowed to look at some very difinitive facts and come to grossly irrational conclusions. In one breathe you state anyone who allows that crap to happen should be curbstomped or put to death and in the next breathe you say how can you condemn him, why fire him. I don't get your thought process at all. Paterno had enough knowledge and was in a position to stop further harm to children. But he didn't, he simply told his AD and then continued for the next 10 years to act as if it was completely natural for Sandusky to continue to bring 10-12 year old boys into their athletic facilities and on team trips. Excuse me, I am being too gentle. What kind of piece of sh#t knows what Paterno knew and does nothing? I could give 2 craps if what he did was legal or illegal. There is no questioning he failed in his duty as a human being. And you are sticking up for him, for "proof" of how they could fire him. How can anyone come to the conclusion to not fire him? That's what I want to know. If you actually did read the report and have been paying attention to what happened with the 1998 incident (the one that quite obviously led to Sandusky's early retirement), I am flabbergasted that you can come on a public forum and say the things you're saying. Please, please tell me that you really know very little about this case and just decided to pop-off out of the blue because you knew this scumbag once had a good reputation.

Let me attempt these 3;

1- You cannot look at this issue from a strictly legal sense. If you do, I suppose you might be able to come to the conclusion that they had no "legal" reason to fire him. But this is Penn State and Joe Paterno. JoePa is Penn State. He is/was the face of the institution, right or wrong, and all he did was the absolute minimum reporting. Arguably he had more power at PSU than anyone. No follow up. No questioning why a twice accused child molestor was still in his athletic building, still going on team trips, staying in the team hotel with young boys. No, only one mention of it to his AD and then crickets for 9 years.

2- One of the solutions these brainiacs arrived at after the 1998 allegatons was to not allow Sandusky in the showers with young boys. Hello-big red flag there. Are you telling me JoePa did not abviously know of this? His brilliant DC, who had just won DC of the year awards, suddenly retires at the age of 55 for no apparent reason. I think we all understand what that reason was now and I am quite certain JoePa knew what it was then. He may have not had the direct authority to prevent Sandusky's access to the building but, he's JoePa, he sure as hell could've and should've made sure whoever did have that authority exercised it. How do you sleep at night knowing this pervert is still lurking around the facilities with young boys in tow?

3- Proof? If you still need proof, I am wasting keystrokes. People in those types of positions are often held accountable for things that transcend normal job duties. Part of JoePa's responsibility was protecting the integrity of the PSU institution and it's football program. He, quite obviously, failed miserably. So, he got fired. Not because he necessarily did anything illegal but simply because he failed.

None of this is the result of mob mentality or rush to judgement. It is no more than decent, common sense. I will state unflinchingly that, anyone who has a different opinion, is just flat out wrong.

Yes. I believe the last time Nebraska was here was for a night game. When students have a chance to drink the whole day, some of them can get pretty nasty. This will be a noon game and from my experience, students who are typical asses won't even wake up until 11 due to their being out Friday night, and noon games here in happy valley are very subdued.