Keystone Pipeline

The Tea Party freshmen want a smaller Government

That's the platform. The takeaway from their actions is they want "Not what the Democrats want." And that's no way to run a successful government.

If what the Democrats want is bigger Government (and it usually is), you are right. As for running a successful Government, I'd try to find out who controls the Presidency and the Senate...oh, and the House for the first two years of President Obama's term. The Senate has not passed a budget since when? Early 2008? You would think it would be hard to run a Government without a budget, but you'd be wrong. It's easy.

This just might be the year for a third party. By the time the Republicans have the remaining 350 debates and the President's blaming Congress reaches a crescendo, maybe Ron Paul will look better and better. I can see it now...Paul and Nader. GM will ask for $500B to develop a hybrid Corvair and get it.

Uh huh. The GOP has a majority in the House, and they filibuster EVERYTHING in the Senate. (To the point where they will filibuster to prevent a debate on most topics.)

Somehow, this lack of action is not because of the GOP?

Again who controlled the House, Senate, and Presidency for the first two years of Obama's term? And when was the last time anyone filibuster something in the Senate?

You do realize how filibusters are used today right? If not, I will happily explain it to you.

During the first two years of Obama's term the government passed significant legislation. I'm sure that you are capable of searching for "Obama accomplishments" and perusing the results.

Explain please. A threat of a filibuster is not the same as a filibuster. Kinda' like a murder is not the same as a murder. Understand? If not, I'll explain.

Actually, the effect is exactly the same. Rather than actually filibustering, the minority party says that they will filibuster the bill if it is brought to the floor. You don't seem stupid and you seem to follow politics. You can figure this out, right? There is a reason why krill almost fell out of his chair laughing at you.

Kinda' like a murder is not the same as a murder.

Actually a murder is the same as a murder. Boy, this is fun. :D

The personal attacks cloaked as sarcasm is not funny and the mods are rather strict about this. I am SURE YOU ARE SMART ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND THAT. We wouldn't wan tto see you get suspended,now would we!!

And if you you read his statement kinda space LIKE A MURDER as in similar but not matching are we keeping up? :nutz

The personal attacks cloaked as sarcasm is not funny and the mods are rather strict about this. I am SURE YOU ARE SMART ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND THAT. We wouldn't wan tto see you get suspended,now would we!!

And if you you read his statement kinda space LIKE A MURDER as in similar but not matching are we keeping up? :nutz

I have never been suspended here. It's not quite like your collapsed 'pedia. Damn shame, that.

He might consider rephrasing that so that his assistant isn't required to translate. Clarity is important and it saves everyone time.

The minute some Republican launches his bill to save the economy and fix this mess I'll buy into benevolent Republican motives. Until then, the fact remains that they would rather see this country trashed for another year than do anything to assist in recovery, because that could reflect well on Obama.

Regular Americans are just collateral damage to them. And when the Democrats are in their shoes it's the same thing.

And yet all we see are mindless zombies regurgitating the nonsense either party spews forth. It's all so much derp it's crazy. And yet here we are.

Ryan Budget...ring a bell?

The Joe Paterno "I did the minimum legal requirement" budget? Yeah, I am familiar with that lone, half-hearted attempt at a budget.

What the Republicans should be doing is, sleeves rolled up, working their asses off to formulate a budget that both sides can agree on, and if that one doesn't work, write another one, and another one, and another one.

Failure to do this, by both sides, is criminal.

The minute some Republican launches his bill to save the economy and fix this mess I'll buy into benevolent Republican motives. Until then, the fact remains that they would rather see this country trashed for another year than do anything to assist in recovery, because that could reflect well on Obama.

Regular Americans are just collateral damage to them. And when the Democrats are in their shoes it's the same thing.

And yet all we see are mindless zombies regurgitating the nonsense either party spews forth. It's all so much derp it's crazy. And yet here we are.

Ryan Budget...ring a bell?

The Joe Paterno "I did the minimum legal requirement" budget? Yeah, I am familiar with that lone, half-hearted attempt at a budget.

What the Republicans should be doing is, sleeves rolled up, working their asses off to formulate a budget that both sides can agree on, and if that one doesn't work, write another one, and another one, and another one.

We agree on something. They should write another one and then have it pass the house only to have the senate NOT EVEN VOTE on it. :ahhhhhhhh

I have never been suspended here. It's not quite like your collapsed 'pedia. Damn shame, that.

He might consider rephrasing that so that his assistant isn't required to translate. Clarity is important and it saves everyone time.

AndI am sure you couldn't have figured that out and just used the sentence to be coy. Either you are playing or do not possess the skills you seem to think you are endowed with. :confucius

AndI am sure you couldn't have figured that out and just used the sentence to be coy. Either you are playing or do not possess the skills you seem to think you are endowed with. :confucius

I hate when my skills are questioned. :(

We agree on something. They should write another one and then have it pass the house only to have the senate NOT EVEN VOTE on it. :ahhhhhhhh

Would that be similar to the GOP preventing even a DEBATE of the American Jobs Act? Just curious, I guess.

Hellohellohello . . . hello! I'm just hoping that this can penetrate the echo chamber.

The senate did vote on Paul Ryan's budget, 40-57. Senate Republicans were the ones that actually didn't want to the bill to come on the floor, but Reid brought it and made them take a tough vote.

Also, it's incredibly disingenuous to describe a budget that front loaded huge tax cuts, with 8% GDP growth projected as the means for deficit reduction, as a serious effort. All Ryan did was throw some meat to the base.

• Fire 2

Unfortunately "both sides" is considered the Democrat Party and the Republican Party.

Yeah they own our political system through the money they command from corporate donors, but they are herdly the only two sides that need to be considered.

In fact they seem to be the same side that usually and conveniently seem to compromise in around the same place.

Unfortunately "both sides" is considered the Democrat Party and the Republican Party.

Yeah they own our political system through the money they command from corporate donors, but they are herdly the only two sides that need to be considered.

In fact they seem to be the same side that usually and conveniently seem to compromise in around the same place.

Depends on what you mean by "considered." Since they are currently in power, and make the decisions, they jointly shoulder the lion's share of the blame. Other discussions can be had about third parties, the culpability of the electorate, etc, but those are cumbersome arguments that don't solve the immediate problem, which these parties have the opportunity to do.

The senate did vote on Paul Ryan's budget, 40-57. Senate Republicans were the ones that actually didn't want to the bill to come on the floor, but Reid brought it and made them take a tough vote.

Also, it's incredibly disingenuous to describe a budget that front loaded huge tax cuts, with 8% GDP growth projected as the means for deficit reduction, as a serious effort. All Ryan did was throw some meat to the base.

If nothing else he got some people talking about a budget. Is it correct that the senate has not passed a budget since '08? :bad

Goodbye Newt...biting the hand that feeds you is okay as long as no one knows you are being fed cash...

Newt Gringrich made $1.6 million and $1.8 million in consulting fees from two contracts with mortgage company Freddie Mac. While blaming the company for being partially responsible for the financial collapse, he was working for them for some eight years. Newt has been climbing in the polls simply because the Republicans see Romney as a RINO and because Newt gets snarkywith the media. As the media begins to focus on him, everyone will see him for what he is...a professional dirtbag.

ttp://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-11-16/gingrich-said-to-be-paid-at-least-1-6-million-by-freddie-mac.html

Depends on what you mean by "considered." Since they are currently in power, and make the decisions, they jointly shoulder the lion's share of the blame. Other discussions can be had about third parties, the culpability of the electorate, etc, but those are cumbersome arguments that don't solve the immediate problem, which these parties have the opportunity to do.

Considered = represented in legislation, which for the most part it is not.

Congress does not represent the people, it represents campaign donors.

I don't care which side is blamed, both sides are equally at fault for making our system a buy-in, where only money talks.

And the people are to blame too, for being asleep at the wheel.