Need advice from you guys.

So i have this delema its not a huge deal but i was wondering if the people in cyberspace could help me.

A friend of mine, an older gentleman wanted me to help him with something. Weve been working alot of overtime and he is wanting things he has been putting off. He has come at me to help him with finding things or buying things for him on the internet because he doesnt know how to use it. He told me today he wants a fake rolex watch. There not hard to find but the nice replicas are about 75 bucks. Hes like help me find this exact one i want and ill get you one as well. He has done things like this before with me, maybe its because his kids are kind of use him for his money and dont have jobs and i dont want to be like that to him.

Anyway i was like you dont need to do that ill find one for you anyway, and he puts his old man face on like shut up and do what i say. So i go looking through the watches and didnt see one quite what i wanted. He comes back with well just get what you want. Now heres the delema, i am somewhat of a gamer and i really want the mw3 game. I dont have alot of free money lying around so i might need to wait months before i could even get it. But who wouldnt like a nice watch anyway, this man is 65 he has had a heart attack and he is my friend. Part of me really wants this game but the other part, even though i dont really need a watch but a nice watch is always nice to have. It would be a nice way to remember him if he ever passes on or we dont end up working at the same company. We have been friends for a few years and i duno i would hate to remember him by a videogame. But if i had that watch, whenever i wore it i would think of him and the funny sh#t weve gone through. I think i have my answer already after writing this, but ill let you guys take a shot.

The other thing i want to ask is that is it looking a gift horse in the mouth if someone offers you something but even if you cant find what you want you get something else. I think this is something he wanted between us. I duno, your thoughts.

Ben

He's offering you a gift, so you have to take the gift he's offering. It is bad manners to tell him you don't want the gift he wants to give you. It's a gift - it's not a choice.

He is not a source for MW3 for you, at least not in this scenario. In this scenario he's either a person giving you a watch or a person from whom you decline the watch. The game never enters this conversation.

It would be a nice way to remember him if he ever passes on or we dont end up working at the same company. We have been friends for a few years and i duno i would hate to remember him by a videogame. But if i had that watch, whenever i wore it i would think of him and the funny sh#t weve gone through. I think i have my answer already after writing this

Yes, you did. The bold is the right sentiment/mindset here.