those coming to the game Saturday

MichiganMan - need your honest opinion:

1) More intimidating home field UM or PSU? (BTW I was at the CU/UM game in 1994 - in the EZ where Westbrook caught the hail Mary :) but I don't remember it being loud or intimidating)

2) Better defense: UM or PSU? Or MSU for that matter? We kept hearing that MSU had the best DL and PSU the best overall defense..... IDK... PSU looked a lot better to me esp. the DL.

I have watched two PSU / UM games in Happy Valley and they used to be louder by a large margin. With the renovations at UM stadium, the sound is staying in and the Notre Dame game was as loud as I have ever heard and I have been going to UM games since 1977. This being a noon game will not allow for the students to get juiced as much as a night game so may not be as loud.

Thanks guys, very useful information. Any tailgating suggestions?

Most popular for non-students is definitely the golf course. Pioneer High School is also pretty popular but I thought I had heard you can't drink alcohol there now? (I guess that makes sense...) Anyways, for more student-driven tailgating go down State or Hill st. and you'll have no trouble finding the parties.

get to your seats early, there will be a military flyover, also make sure to stop by FanFest http://www.mgoblue.com/promotions/fbl-gameday.html FanFest -- Starts three hours before game time Fans can visit FanFest on the southwest corner of Main St. and Stadium Blvd., across from Michigan Stadium. Hosted by U-M Athletics partner IMG College, FanFest will feature interactive games for fans of all ages in addition to giveaways and samples from clients. Fans will also be able to get their photo taken by the Big Ten Network with an eight-foot Charles Woodson bobblehead. if you have any questions about your trip to Ann Arbor, post here and I will answer them.

Thanks MichiganMan for the info.......that 8ft Charles Woodson bobblehead might be just worth it! chuckleshuffle

MichiganMan - need your honest opinion:

1) More intimidating home field UM or PSU? (BTW I was at the CU/UM game in 1994 - in the EZ where Westbrook caught the hail Mary :) but I don't remember it being loud or intimidating)

2) Better defense: UM or PSU? Or MSU for that matter? We kept hearing that MSU had the best DL and PSU the best overall defense..... IDK... PSU looked a lot better to me esp. the DL.

1) I would give a slight edge to PSU, but I made it to the UM-ND game this year and have never heard a stadium that loud in my life (and I've been to a night game at PSU). But I don't think a noon crowd in november can compare to a night game in september. Also, I don't think Happy Valley was particularly intimidating last week with the somber mood.

2) I think defenses go PSU > MSU > Michigan. But the differences aren't really all that great. We do struggle with mobile QB's, though.

Thanks guys, very useful information. Any tailgating suggestions?

Most popular for non-students is definitely the golf course. Pioneer High School is also pretty popular but I thought I had heard you can't drink alcohol there now? (I guess that makes sense...) Anyways, for more student-driven tailgating go down State or Hill st. and you'll have no trouble finding the parties.

You can drink alcohol, but pour your beer in a cup.

Thanks for all the info! We are leaving tomorrow night and going half way......will get to Ann Arbor early Saturday morning! My last minute plans are going well so far! We are meeting some people from Cortland, NE at a tailgate before the game. The pre-game festivities look very interesting too! Even looks like nice weather! Let's hope for a great game with Big Red taking the lead and showing them what Husker football is all about!

Really looking forward to being in Ann Arbor this weekend. I went there in February this year to watch Kansas play Michigan in basketball. Had a blast! Here is what I remember about being in Ann Arbor:

- There are tons of dudes in Ann Arbor

- There are tons of asians in Ann Arbor

- There is plenty to eat in Ann Arbor

- Ann Arbor is a whore

- People are friendly while in Ann Arbor

I'm sure the Mich grads think I'm real creative.