Added Incentive For A Win Today

It's been a great football weekend so far...

The Valley Tigers won the Iowa 4-A High School Championship last night. My son is technically on the team but, as a Sophmore, his role this year has been that of "Cannon Fodder for the Defense" However, he does enjoy running onto the field after the games are over and jumping around like a fool...like father like son.

I could not attend that game as I was working the "Downfall of the BCS" game in Ames. I'm sure those of you watching were enthralled with my performace. I have never moved a yard marker with such style and gusto in my life. It was a fantastic game and afterwards I can honestly say I have never been hugged by so many strange college aged girls in my life since the time I went to a game in Boulder with a dime bag and a $50 bill. Oh...and a vendor dropped a twenty over the rail right at halftime and I picked it up...I think he was yelling something about handing it back up to him but I couldn't hear him over the crowd so I put it in my pocket to keep it safe in case he wanted it back

But, back on point...the added incentive for Nebraska that I spoke of: If Nebraska wins out, there is a chance for a BCS bid (thanks, of course to me and the string I have tied to the goal post upright at Jack Trice Stadium which, if give just a liiiitle pull, can move the upright just enough for a kick to appear to have gone OVER it instead of past it for just such a situtation as happened last night) or, at the very least, a good bowl but...lose to Michigan and to the Iowa Felons and...as the stars appear aligned correctly this year...there's a real good chance Nebraska could, perhaps, find themselves in the Insight Bowl facing the Mighty Cyclones...to become the latest victim of the juggernaut which is the Cyclone football team....unless, of course, we smash Oklahoma and K-State in which case we play LSU in the "2012 End of the World" Bowl.

If that doesn't fire up the team...nothing will.

By the way, I'm headed for Tabor next weekend for Thanksgiving and to do a little shooting with the father of one of your recruits. After we kill some stuff, I'm going to sit him and his son down and show them, over and over, Jeff Woody running three times for 25 yards and the winning touchdown against the #2 team in the country and I'm going to tell them "At ISU, we actually HAVE fullbacks and we actually let them carry the ball when the game is on the line..." Might show him some 2010 footage of the ISU - Nebraska game where Woody pretty much ran through your defense the entire game...Another recruit poached by the Cyclones...