Perspective again....

Suhness

I know this has been said a million times, but everyone here really does need to chill out....

We are young, very very young. We are undersized, less disciplined and have less experience than a lot of the competition right now. I do believe that we have more potential than most of the competion too. Everyone knows our tackling (or love taps) are pathetic. Our receivers leave much to be desired, and Martinez is attracted to blue and yellow. But these are all things that can be fixed.

Losing David and Dennard is going to be tough, but instead of calling out everyone and coming on public boards and making a list of which players suck, let's build them up and support them. I don't have a problem with a little constructive criticism, but "(player) sucks" isn't doing anything but showing everyone we have fair weather fans. We have amazing talent and we have seen some amazing plays. That zone read triple option thing we saw yesterday....hell, Hoke had no idea what he just saw, and it was run by a sophomore qb, junior rb and true freshman rb. If you can't see the potential from that play, you just can't see it period. Carl has even said he thinks we have coached the defense into robots. I agree, but at least they see it and the defense was humbled enough to hand the blackshirts back. That there shows love, dedication and heart.

We weren't ranked #2 and lost to Iowa State. We weren't #5 and lose to Baylor. We sure as hell aren't Penn State or a bunch of other teams with many more losses or unfortunate events. We didn't run somebody over at a tailgate either.

We are a young team, in a new conference with a GIANT target on our back and have beaten a couple really good teams that were ranked ahead of us. I think we have done much more than we should have given the circumstances.

With all that said, the inconsistency is driving me insane! Young or not, beating Ohio State, Michigan State and Penn State proves to me that we are an extremely talented team. I just wish the players believed it.

Thanks for this post. I share your optimism and opinion. So, with that being said, how DO the coaches/players fix the inconsistencies? That's what is driving most people nuts, including me. I mean, we play this amazing game against MSU then we die to NW then we beat Penn State only to crash and burn against a Michigan team that MSU (whom we beat) beats! ARGGHHHH!!!! What is the answer?

I know this has been said a million times, but everyone here really does need to chill out....

We are young, very very young. We are undersized, less disciplined and have less experience than a lot of the competition right now. I do believe that we have more potential than most of the competion too. Everyone knows our tackling (or love taps) are pathetic. Our receivers leave much to be desired, and Martinez is attracted to blue and yellow. But these are all things that can be fixed.

Losing David and Dennard is going to be tough, but instead of calling out everyone and coming on public boards and making a list of which players suck, let's build them up and support them. I don't have a problem with a little constructive criticism, but "(player) sucks" isn't doing anything but showing everyone we have fair weather fans. We have amazing talent and we have seen some amazing plays. That zone read triple option thing we saw yesterday....hell, Hoke had no idea what he just saw, and it was run by a sophomore qb, junior rb and true freshman rb. If you can't see the potential from that play, you just can't see it period. Carl has even said he thinks we have coached the defense into robots. I agree, but at least they see it and the defense was humbled enough to hand the blackshirts back. That there shows love, dedication and heart.

We weren't ranked #2 and lost to Iowa State. We weren't #5 and lose to Baylor. We sure as hell aren't Penn State or a bunch of other teams with many more losses or unfortunate events. We didn't run somebody over at a tailgate either.

We are a young team, in a new conference with a GIANT target on our back and have beaten a couple really good teams that were ranked ahead of us. I think we have done much more than we should have given the circumstances.

With all that said, the inconsistency is driving me insane! Young or not, beating Ohio State, Michigan State and Penn State proves to me that we are an extremely talented team. I just wish the players believed it.

Frustrating to say the least. Out of the Teams in contention for the B1G, ours is probably the least experienced from the players to the coaches. Did the D really give their blackshirts back as mentioned?