Interceptions since Wiscy

This is why I think people perceive Taylor as getting better. He's still a below average passer but he's playing a little smarter and he has receivers who can help him out ala Kenny Bell's catch today.

Sometimes I think people give quarterbacks too much credit, and wide receivers too little. The reason I say that is because if you watch some of the loft throws or some other types of throws not reliant on great accuracy, those wide receivers are going out there and making a great play with their hands and fighting off a defensive back for possession of the ball.

That said, I think it's a combination of the two over the last several games. Martinez has been getting the ball where his receivers can make plays; and for the most part, our receivers have been going out there making those plays. The Iowa game was perhaps our best WR performance this year. Martinez is never going to be a 65% completion percentage guy over an entire season, but the way he is throwing now is more than adequate if we can improve our running game over the next year.

For all this team's struggles, Taylor's quietly become very good at being, to use that awful phrase, a game manager. I thought the play he made to avoid a sack and find Kinnie, even though he was out of bounds, was a great illustrator of his growth.

The NW game was on the defense. The Michigan game was on special teams.

Really, I can only fault Taylor for one game this year, and that's Wisconsin. Since then, he's been far from our biggest liability.

The offense played poorly against both MIchigan and Northwestern. Certainly there were other factors, but come on. The team scored 17 points against UM and 25 against a bad NW defense. Have the standards for the offense fallen that much?

If you even casually watched those games you would know where the major problem was.

And if you had an ounce of sophistication as a fan, you would know that it wasn't ONE thing.

And if you could read basic English you could understand I said the "major" problem. Not the "only" one.

We had all white uniforms on?

People complain about threads getting merged, but I swear to Christ this board has merged into one "I know a booster who hates the Pelini's and our crappy offensive line and is going to fire them all and amputate Taylor's throwing arm so only the backups can play and we can start having all black uniforms so we can get good recruits that know the NEBRASKA way (you have to write NEBRASKA in all caps otherwise it has no talismanic power) and elect Rex Burkhead Governor for life (even though it was his fumble at the 1 that ruined the NW game)" thread

(takes breath)

(feels better).

I love the kid....I think he plays hard and wants to win.

Weird thing, almost can't beleive I'm going to say this considering some of the games he has had on the ground, but would love to see him be more assertive when running.

That seems to be the overwhelming criticism now even more than his throwing. I think it comes down to reading the gaps and making cuts, two things he does well at times and poor at others.