DE Pierre Allen

Player: Pierre Allen

Hometown: Denver, CO

Position: DE

Height: 6’5”

Weight: 223

40 time: 4.63

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Syracuse, Colorado, Colorado State, Kansas State, Michigan State, Nebraska, Washington

Favorites: COmmitted to Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #28/ :star:star:star

Bid Red Report: NR/ :star

Assessing the talent: Of course, he’ll need to put a little size to his frame, but he’s already big and athletic. Great vertical. He also plays wideout. Very good basketball player which may explain the Syracuse lean.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 90% He plays for the same school as Cory Ross. Huskers have work to do. Ted Gilmore is recruiting him.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, great news on allen (it looks like I went to bed a little too early - & woke up w/ way too many e-mails telling me of allen's verbal)

pierre allen has to be the biggest coup of the yr - for UN football & especially for basketball - barry collier has to be the happiest man in the state right now -

allen lead his school thomas jefferson hs, denver to the state title last yr w/ 21.1 p, 14.3 r, 5.3 b, 1.9 s, 1.7 a, 37.3 3p%

allen has lead his football team in tackles the last 2 yrs, & has been & will be again this yr d mvp, & should be all state d

if we compare his size & speed to the UN standard at TE -

herian (as a hs sr): 6'5", 225, 4.60

allen: 6'5", 222, 4.60

if he plays de, & we compare him to this yrs other verbals at de

(since he listed as a weakside de) -

smith: 6'6" 230, 4.85

davis: 6'6" 275, 4.90

some will say he could be the next antonio davis & others many others may say the next julius peppers - yet barry collier right now is speakless, since he got the best bb player out of co & it did not even cost him a schollie

you

...got to love the future of UN basketball...I think that I might be as gitty as barry collier is over the verbal of pierre allen (matt hill, who? Oh yeah, that's the guy who pierre allen is going to muscle into the stands, right?)

allen, mccray, soda, white, anderson, & maric - wow! I am loving this, barry!

Scholarships offered: Syracuse, Colorado, Colorado State, Kansas State, Michigan State, Nebraska, Washington

Favorites: Committed to Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #28/ :star:star:star

Bid Red Report: NR/ :star

Assessing the talent: Of course, he’ll need to put a little size to his frame, but he’s already big and athletic. Great vertical. He also plays wideout. Very good basketball player which may explain the Syracuse lean.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 90%

...got to love the future of UN basketball...I think that I might be as gitty as barry collier is over the verbal of pierre allen (matt hill, who? Oh yeah, that's the guy who pierre allen is going to muscle into the stands, right?)

allen, mccray, soda, white, anderson, & maric - wow! I am loving this, barry!

don't forget about marcus walker! :thumbs

• 1 month later...

At 6'5, 225, and a 4.6 does anybody else think that Pierre could be a valuable tight end in our offense. Especially when you throw in the fact that he is a basketball star and the athleticism he brings. That basically fits the mold of a Tony Gonzalez or Antonio Gates. I think this could be a possibility in the coming years. Thoughts?

At 6'5, 225, and a 4.6 does anybody else think that Pierre could be a valuable tight end in our offense. Especially when you throw in the fact that he is a basketball star and the athleticism he brings. That basically fits the mold of a Tony Gonzalez or Antonio Gates. I think this could be a possibility in the coming years. Thoughts?

hootin has a whole post about that about 5 posts up. :thumbs