Media out of touch..........??

Comish

I know…………..(stop the presses !!)………….this is not breaking news, but……..

I was puzzled and mystified about why the local media kept hammering the “nothing to play for” mantra leading up to yesterday’s game.

I believed before (and after) there was a LOT to play for …………..

It’s becoming more and more obvious the media have no feel for the paying customers and their loyalty. Maybe if THEY personally had to fork over big bucks for seat licenses, ticket prices, parking, and their own hot dogs they would gain a semblance of a clue what the rest of us invest to be part of the experience.

These “entitled” hacks then have the temerity to be insulted when they ask sophomoric questions at the presser and Bo steps on their feelings.

Sorry……….just had to vent……………

I know…………..(stop the presses !!)………….this is not breaking news, but……..

I was puzzled and mystified about why the local media kept hammering the “nothing to play for” mantra leading up to yesterday’s game.

I believed before (and after) there was a LOT to play for …………..

It’s becoming more and more obvious the media have no feel for the paying customers and their loyalty. Maybe if THEY personally had to fork over big bucks for seat licenses, ticket prices, parking, and their own hot dogs they would gain a semblance of a clue what the rest of us invest to be part of the experience.

These “entitled” hacks then have the temerity to be insulted when they ask sophomoric questions at the presser and Bo steps on their feelings.

Sorry……….just had to vent……………

What I had a problem with was the media saying 'This isn't a real rivalry game' out of one side of their mouths and then saying, 'This felt like the old OU-NU rivalry game." What the heck? I also thought it is interesting that unless someone is throwing 'pee' bombs at you or cussing you out, etc. that a football game can't be a 'true rivalry' Blah! I hope we don't EVER have to stoop to that mentality! I'm perfectly fine that NU has 'nice fans' and that Memorial Stadium is a 'Great place' But I heard that our 'tailgates' are not as good as Iowa. Says who!??? I think because of the 'love-hate' relationship that Iowa has for Nebraska and vice versa that this is going to develop into a great rivalry. We'll see how it develops. However, I love it that we have our name first on the Heroes Trophy! GO BIG RED!