Terrorists Arrested

They look like illegal latino immigrants and/or jyhadist Muslims to me, good thing we profile for those types of people.

White males who belong to fringe militia groups would never do anything like those guys are accused of!

They look more like the Tea Partiers that I know than your stereotypical Middle Eastern terrorist. The rhetoric is a more inflammatory version of Tea Party beliefs as well.

(Now if I wanted to paint with a broad brush I would say that if people think Muslim=Terrorist because of the actions of a few . . . than Tea Partier=Terrorist. I don't believe that . . . just making a point.)

They look like illegal latino immigrants and/or jyhadist Muslims to me, good thing we profile for those types of people.

White males who belong to fringe militia groups would never do anything like those guys are accused of!

They look more like the Tea Partiers that I know than your stereotypical Middle Eastern terrorist. The rhetoric is a more inflammatory version of Tea Party beliefs as well.

(Now if I wanted to paint with a broad brush I would say that if people think Muslim=Terrorist because of the actions of a few . . . than Tea Partier=Terrorist. I don't believe that . . . just making a point.)

That wouldn't be painting with a broad brush it would be eating paint chips. ...just making a point.

That wouldn't be painting with a broad brush it would be eating paint chips. ...just making a point.

Your analogy doesn't work very well but you did manage to connect the paint in "paint with a broad brush" to the paint in "eating paint chips."

Kudos.

Your analogy doesn't work very well but you did manage to connect the paint in "paint with a broad brush" to the paint in "eating paint chips."

Kudos.

My anology works just fine. You may want to read up on some effects of lead poisoning. It would likely explain the links you tried to make earlier.

(Now if I was eating paint chips I would say that if people think Muslim=Terrorist because of the actions of a few . . . than Tea Partier=Terrorist. I don't believe that . . . just making a point.)

I don't get it? These are exactly the people who I would suspect are domestic terrorists in our county. If they were something like Muslim terrorists (9-11), then I would not expect them to be US born citizens, thus not domestic. If I think domestic terrorists, I think Timothy McVeigh. Anyone remember the OKC bombing? If I think of domestic terrorism in America, I think of the Weather Underground bombings. They weren't Muslims either I don't believe. But at least we got some slams on the Tea Party out of it.

Kudos.

My anology works just fine. You may want to read up on some effects of lead poisoning. It would likely explain the links you tried to make earlier.

(Now if I was eating paint chips I would say that if people think Muslim=Terrorist because of the actions of a few . . . than Tea Partier=Terrorist. I don't believe that . . . just making a point.)

No . . . I think you missed the point. I've heard tidbits here and there about this "lead poisoning" thing. It's supposed to be wild.

I don't get it? These are exactly the people who I would suspect are domestic terrorists in our county. If they were something like Muslim terrorists (9-11), then I would not expect them to be US born citizens, thus not domestic. If I think domestic terrorists, I think Timothy McVeigh. Anyone remember the OKC bombing? If I think of domestic terrorism in America, I think of the Weather Underground bombings. They weren't Muslims either I don't believe.

I should have phrased it more clearly. Apologies. The heading was Domestic Terrorism . . . but the message was that they don't really fit with the popular and common image associated with "terrorist." I will make the changes to clarify.

Spot on re: McVeigh and the Weather Underground.

But at least we got some slams on the Tea Party out of it.

If you've got the shot, take it.

I don't get it? These are exactly the people who I would suspect are domestic terrorists in our county. If they were something like Muslim terrorists (9-11), then I would not expect them to be US born citizens, thus not domestic. If I think domestic terrorists, I think Timothy McVeigh. Anyone remember the OKC bombing? If I think of domestic terrorism in America, I think of the Weather Underground bombings. They weren't Muslims either I don't believe.

This is why profiling does not work.

As a society we will not put up with white christian males being profiled.

It kinda sucks when your guys are the terrorists, and they get caught.

LOL, if you think the Tea Party are "my guys", you are clueless. I would probably donate money to the Sandusky defense fund before I claimed to be a Tea Party guy. Major fail.

I think I just profiled white christian males quite nicely, so that statement doesn't fly either, but keep trying.

Wiki has a good read on our history of domestic terrorism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_terrorism_in_the_United_States

Looks like a lot of white dudes to me!

LOL, if you think the Tea Party are "my guys", you are clueless. I would probably donate money to the Sandusky defense fund before I claimed to be a Tea Party guy. Major fail.

Sorry, sounded that way from the line I quoted... which i took for sarcasm.