If Carl Goes, Barney Will Be Fired at Year's End . . .

Barney will NEVER be fired!! He is a Nebraska guy and when it comes time for him to be "pushed along," he will be helped in finding a job somewhere else and made to look like things were mutual, but more than likely he is destined to retire from coaching and take a front office position.

I'm not a huge Barney fan as pertains to coaching, but everything I've seen of him and heard of him, he is pure class and a great ambassador for Nebraska and I think fits very well as a guy behind the program helping it move forward.

I think the best case scenerio with the coaching staff is that Barney moves into an adminstrative role within the athletic department, hire turner gill to coach qbs and possibly tagged passing game coordinator or something along those lines, beck remains the oc and helps garrison out on the line. On the defensive side jp moves into dc or a co-dc... or a longshot bring in mike stoops as dc (unlikely as I believe he is already headed to be co-dc at ohio state).

HuskerinSunDiego

However, you seem to feel really comfortable asserting that you know the motives of others --- what Bo, Carl, or Cotton, or the AD will or will not do --- that sort of "mind-reading" attempt is fraught with potential problems. We really have no idea what these people will or will not do. To suggest what they "should" --- in your opinion --- do, or should not do (and then defend the suggestion) --- is one thing.... to assert what another will do or not do (as if you are telepathic and know what they are thinking) is another. Just food for thought.

Aren't these boards designed to speculate? If we weren't allowed to speculate, there'd be nothing to talk about.

Sure... speculation is fine --- state what you think should be done or not ... and speculate as to why it is best to go as you suggest. Speculate as to what might happen or not. But to state what will happen (or not) and assert that you know why it will happen (or not), ascribing to others motives that you cannot possibly know... that transcends speculation.

I think you are speculating too much about what speculation means.