MAC Championship Ohio Vs NIU

irafreak

If TO's retirement/run came in the early 2000's instead of late 90's there might have been a big name hire instead of a passing of the torch. Times changed quickly and being able to keep things in house is great but Frank had to follow an impossible show. There was no way he was going to live up to TO. TO did to Devaney but the odds of it happening are slim. We were relevent all the way until the 2002 season loss to iowa st. Even the loss before to psu was just a "hiccup" (at least the national scene saw it that way).

I always liked Frank but this was year seven and he still hasn't won a MAC title. Even Turner won a title. He is a good coach but I think this is why he was never a great coach. IMO, Frank being hired as our head coach was probably Tom's biggest mistake at Nebraska.

A matter of perspective -

Frank is to Ohio as Snyder is to KSUcks.

Ohio was TERRIBLE before Frank. These are the golden years for Ohio

I always liked Frank but this was year seven and he still hasn't won a MAC title. Even Turner won a title. He is a good coach but I think this is why he was never a great coach. IMO, Frank being hired as our head coach was probably Tom's biggest mistake at Nebraska.

Nah they've had much better years than this...much better. Solich isn't even in the top 3 for Ohio coaches.

Nah they've had much better years than this...much better. Solich isn't even in the top 3 for Ohio coaches.

How about editing it to "modern golden years"? aka - highest win % since Peden who retired in 1946

How about editing it to "modern golden years"? aka - highest win % since Peden who retired in 1946

Oh I got you, and I knew what you meant, but because it was you and I love you I wanted to be an ass.