Houston vs. Southern Miss

HuskerShark

If you're not watching the Houston-Southern Miss game right now, you should turn it on. Southern Miss is up 14-0 in the 2nd quarter!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Houston loses that means a better bowl opportunity because another BCS spot would be opened, probably ensuring that Michigan gets in.

Depends on whether TCU moves up into the top 16 or not. If they do, they get Houston's spot.

Sorry but TCU is not going BCS bowling this year. They lost the first game of the season which means they are out. Maybe next year when they are in the Big 12.

I'm conflicted, part of me wants TCU to go in and beat all those other teams in Texas while the other part of me wants them to be completely embarrassed.

Depends on whether TCU moves up into the top 16 or not. If they do, they get Houston's spot.

Sorry but TCU is not going BCS bowling this year. They lost the first game of the season which means they are out. Maybe next year when they are in the Big 12.

Sorry, but if Houston loses, TCU just needs to move up 2 spots and they are automatically in. Who would they move ahead of? Houston, possibly. Maybe Georgia. Probably the MSU-WIsc loser. Baylor, if they lose to Texas. It doesn't matter how unworthy any of you or I think they are. They will be in by the BCS selection rules if they move up 2 places. If they don't move up 2 spots, they aren't eligible. I'm not stating opinion, this is fact, and not that phony fact people declare when they think their own opinions are mighty.

Unless Southern Miss jumps ahead of them.