Capital One Bowl is a good trip to make

I went back in 2008 when we played Florida. Lots to do in Orlando. Universal Studios is amazing, especially their New Years Eve fireworks display. Congrats on the great bowl birth (I would actually trade you if I could). I know Nebraska will represent the Big 10 well. Around bowl season no matter what team you have seasons tickets for we all root for the B10. Hopefully we can pull off a 7-3 record.

I'm pleased. Living in Arkansas, it's kind of funny. They're happy about being in the Cotton Bowl because it's close and in the old Southwest Conference it was the goal each season as conference champ. But I've heard a fair amount of fans bitching about it, as well. They remember a lot of games that were cold and raining (remember the Notre Dame Ice Bowl where Montana had to be thawed in the locker room during half-time?). A lot of them wanted a Florida bowl. Trouble is, Arkansas fans (despite their claims to the contrary) don't travel well. They'll go to the Cotton Bowl, and they'll show up for the Sugar Bowl, in numbers, but that's about it. Not much of a draw for a bowl selection committee that's looking for a fan base that will spend a week in the city and spend the money.

I'm pleased. Living in Arkansas, it's kind of funny. They're happy about being in the Cotton Bowl because it's close and in the old Southwest Conference it was the goal each season as conference champ. But I've heard a fair amount of fans bitching about it, as well. They remember a lot of games that were cold and raining (remember the Notre Dame Ice Bowl where Montana had to be thawed in the locker room during half-time?). A lot of them wanted a Florida bowl. Trouble is, Arkansas fans (despite their claims to the contrary) don't travel well. They'll go to the Cotton Bowl, and they'll show up for the Sugar Bowl, in numbers, but that's about it. Not much of a draw for a bowl selection committee that's looking for a fan base that will spend a week in the city and spend the money.

I'm sure that's why Arky ended up in the Cotton Bowl and USC ended up in the Capital One Bowl. I would have gone to Dallas, but would have only spent a couple of days there. I'm spending 6 days in Orlando so they got their wish. BTW, I can't believe how cheap hotel rooms are in Orlando right now.