Uncanny stats comparison: Dennard vs Jeffery and Amukamara vs Blackmon

Nexus

Couldn't help but notice how similar these games played out during the 1st half in each head-to-head battle of Dennard vs Jeffery to last year's Amukamara vs Blackmon at Oklahoma State. Both receivers were non-factors in the 1st qtr. They followed it up with a whopping 2nd qtr. performance though.

Blackmon

1st qtr. -- 1 for 2 (13 yds.)

2nd qtr. -- 2 for 3 (116 yds.) <--- 36 yd. comp. 80 yd. comp. for TD

3rd qtr. -- 1 for 1 (3 yds.)

4th qtr. -- 1 for 1 (25 yds.) TD

Total = 5/7 (157 yds.)

Jeffery

1st qtr. -- 0 for 1 (0 yds.)

2nd qtr. -- 4 for 4 (148 yds.) <--- 10 yd. comp. 78 yd. comp. 9 yd. comp. 51 yd. comp. for TD

3rd qtr. -- 0 for 0 (No stats acquired before ejection)

Total = 4/5 (148 yds.)

I think the blaring similarities in both of these games was NO PASS RUSH. I remember watching Prince/Blackmon and how much it reminded me of backyard football. After an eternity, the WR is going to get open.

Since Suh left, our D line has been exposed. I ow have to say his departure has Los exposed the flaws tht are the "Pelini D".

Should go back and watch the film of the Ok St. game last year and note that it was Dennard in the second half that matched up to Blackmon and took him out of the game. Dennard is/was more physical than Prince and it was that extra physicality that the coaches wanted on Blackmon. Just a note.

Yep.