B10 vs B12 Bowl Season - What if?

Creed

The B12 is an impressive 5-1 in bowls with one game left and the B1G had another disappointing bowl season at 3-6 with one game to play. What if the BCS selected the higher BCS seed in Kansas State rather than the lower seed team in Mich, who they picked since they can fill more hotel rooms?

Here are my revised bowl parings. What do you think the conference records would be? I know this sounds like sour grapes but I just want to point out one of the many flaws of college bowls which annually puts the B1G at a disadvantage.

B12

Fiesta - OSU vs Standford

Sugar Kansas State vs Va Tech

Cotton #2 Baylor vs Arkansas

Alamo #3 Oklahoma vs Washington

Insight #4 Texas vs OSU

Holiday #5 A&M vs Cal

Meineke #6 Iowa St. vs Iowa

Pinstripe #7 Missouri vs Rutgers

I would guess the B12 splits and goes 4-4, which is not bad.

B10

Rose – Wisc vs Oregon (L)

Capitol One #2 Michigan vs SCar (Push)

Outback #3 Nebraska vs UGA (W)

Gator #4 MSU vs UF (W)

Insight #5 OSU vs Texas (Push)

Meineke #6 Iowa vs Iowa State (L)

Ticket City #7 Northwestern vs Houston (Push)

Little Ceasers #8 PSU vs West Mich (W)

Kraft (at large) Purdue vs UCLA (W)

I got the B1G at 6-3 or 5-4 and I am not counting Illinios but they would be going to a lower level bowl.

Another what if: What if the B12 had the B1G's bowl parings (3 vs SEC instead of PAC & BE bottom feeders)

Being in a conference with 2 BCS bids is much better than 1.

Exactly.

The Big 12 has a weak bowl schedule (which is likely to get even weaker when the contracts come up again) because it is a conference with little power and is losing that which it does have.

There is absolutely nothing to be jealous of there.

Exactly.

The Big 12 has a weak bowl schedule (which is likely to get even weaker when the contracts come up again) because it is a conference with little power and is losing that which it does have.

Agree to an extent but when the B1G powers (OSU, PSU, Neb, Mich coming back) are down a little now and when the B1G does bad in bowl games the media BASHES the B1G to the extreme which hurts its image, recruiting, fan following. The Michigan win last night in a BCS game in primetime helped a lot though.

Exactly.

Completely AGREE. The B12 bowls this year were crap. If there were more quality B10-B12 or SEC-B12 pairings, it might be more of an equal look.

Exactly.

Completely AGREE. The B12 bowls this year were crap. If there were more quality B10-B12 or SEC-B12 pairings, it might be more of an equal look.

I liked a couple of them... OSU's was good and I'm really looking forward to the Cotton Bowl.

This belongs here if its going to go anywhere...Some random Illinois site reviews the games...

http://www.illinihq....wl-grade-c.html

For those of you that don't like to read articles:

UW: B

UM: B-

MSU: B+

Nebraska: D

OSU: C

PSU: F

Illinois: B+

Northwestern I:C

Iowa: C

Purdue: B+

Pretty good but I would give UM a B or B+ for winning a BCS game vs a higher ranked team. They did not look great but still won. It was good pub for the B1G.

This belongs here if its going to go anywhere...Some random Illinois site reviews the games...

http://www.illinihq....wl-grade-c.html

For those of you that don't like to read articles:

UW: B

UM: B-

MSU: B+

Nebraska: D

OSU: C

PSU: F

Illinois: B+

Northwestern I:C

Iowa: C

Purdue: B+

Pretty good but I would give UM a B or B+ for winning a BCS game vs a higher ranked team. They did not look great but still won. It was good pub for the B1G.

Yea that seemed a little off, I thought it was better than Illinois' game at least.