Star Wars movies. Which trilogy should they be watched...

First the to add to this thread, I would watch them in order of release to keep the suspense of some of the key plot points in the original trilogy like someone mentioned above.

Second;

The dude that made the batman movies and inception? Yep that's the definition of mimimal cgi. BTW, I didn't know Micheal Bay was a member of huskerboard.

That's a really uneducated statement. It's pretty well know that Nolan would rather use CGI minimally to enhance or fix what he has already created on camera. He tried to avoided it in Batman Begins, and used it very sparingly in the Dark Knight. A lot of the shots you think are CGI in the Dark Knight are actually just scaled shots, the batmobile crushing the garbage truck in the tunnel, the semi flipping (which was full scale and is obvious because of the steam coming from the piston used to flip it that they didn't remove), the Joker blowing up the hospital (which was done partial scaled and layered over a shot of an actual building), and the Hong Kong sequence. Yes he uses CGI but in this day and age it's almost impossible not to, he would rather cool a building down to produce frosted breath than create it on a computer.

And even Micheal Bay has his limits. In the original Transformers he was about as minimal as he could be, even using pointers Speilberg gave him from Jurassic Park about how to cut a scene so that you didn't need to use CGI. Although Bay's limits had more to do with money than artistic aesthetics.

I was thinking some of the same thoughts are I read some comments on this thread. Maybe some worded their opinions stronger than they really feel...but at he end of the day it's HIS movies. It sucks he probably won't make any more. It would have been fun to watch the Timothy Zahn trilogy that start right after ROTJ. I read the books a couple years ago.

George Lucas Blames 'Star Wars' Critics for Killing Series

Sci-fi filmmaker hurt by harsh feedback from some fans about the prequels

By David Eckstein

Zap2it

For any fans awaiting future "Star Wars" films from George Lucas, it's going to be a long wait. The creator of the famed series says he's not going to make any more of these movies and that he's essentially retiring. And for that he blames the harsh feedback from certain fans.

"Why would I make any more when everybody yells at you all the time and says what a terrible person you are?" he tells The New York Times.

Lucas continues to bash these critics despite the fact that their appreciation for the series helped it generate $4.4 billion in worldwide box-office sales.

"On the Internet, all those same guys that are complaining I made a change are completely changing the movie," Lucas says. "I'm saying: 'Fine. But my movie, with my name on it, that says I did it, needs to be the way I want it.'"

Lucas drew strong attacks from "Star Wars" fans for characters like Jar Jar Binks and for digital additions to the DVDs and re-releases of the six-part series.

"I'm moving away from the business, from the company, from all this kind of stuff," he says.

http://movies.msn.com/paralleluniverse/george-lucas-talks-star-wars-critics/story/feature/

I was thinking some of the same thoughts are I read some comments on this thread. Maybe some worded their opinions stronger than they really feel...but at he end of the day it's HIS movies. It sucks he probably won't make any more. It would have been fun to watch the Timothy Zahn trilogy that start right after ROTJ. I read the books a couple years ago.

George Lucas Blames 'Star Wars' Critics for Killing Series

Sci-fi filmmaker hurt by harsh feedback from some fans about the prequels

By David Eckstein

Zap2it

For any fans awaiting future "Star Wars" films from George Lucas, it's going to be a long wait. The creator of the famed series says he's not going to make any more of these movies and that he's essentially retiring. And for that he blames the harsh feedback from certain fans.

"Why would I make any more when everybody yells at you all the time and says what a terrible person you are?" he tells The New York Times.

Lucas continues to bash these critics despite the fact that their appreciation for the series helped it generate $4.4 billion in worldwide box-office sales.

"On the Internet, all those same guys that are complaining I made a change are completely changing the movie," Lucas says. "I'm saying: 'Fine. But my movie, with my name on it, that says I did it, needs to be the way I want it.'"

Lucas drew strong attacks from "Star Wars" fans for characters like Jar Jar Binks and for digital additions to the DVDs and re-releases of the six-part series.

"I'm moving away from the business, from the company, from all this kind of stuff," he says.

http://movies.msn.co.../story/feature/

No I didn't word anything harsher then I really feel. The actual first three weren't shakespere by any means, but seriously the prequels sucked and proved Lucas basically won the lottery not by actual talent, but by having to cut things down and the lack of technology of the time.

As for him quitting. Good. Wish that would have happened in the 90s before Jabba the hut was walking around and sarlac had a beak in new scenes that added nothing to the old movies that had been out 20 years. Screw him. It's a shame he got the reality check about his talent 13+ years too late depending on the publication date of that article.