Personal experience of police wasting tax payers money

It's obvious to me that some in this thread don't dig cops and that's fine. However I'm not going to try and explain all the aspects of the job for several reasons the main one being you can't understand the job unless you are doing it. Just remember that officers make a meager salary doing a job most couldn't/wouldn't want to do. We work sh**ty hours away from our families including holidays because we live for the job. Next time you see a cop thank them for their service. It's a thankless job with countless horrible situations. In my 10 years I've been on the job I've been shot at, stepped over dead bodies to go after the person that murdered them, had to tell parents that their child is deceased, stepped toe-to-toe with gang bangers, been in well over 50 fights, been wrongly accused of assaulting people, held a baby as she took her last breaths on earth 6 short months into her life, ran up to burning car wrecks while people scream in pain and I can do nothing but watch, been exposed to several infectious diseases, drove my vehicle well over a hundred miles per hour so many times I've lost count, and did all these things while my children grow up with me away from the home, I've buried good friends, watched children cry from losing their father and hoped that mine never have to feel that pain, spent many sleepless nights not being able to close my eyes from the visions haunting my dreams. So if you have something bad to say about law enforcement excuse me while I tell you to kiss my rear.

They are professiononals and don't aways act as such. It's not uncommon to come across a bully/power abusing cop...and there are degrees to this. There are many great cops. My uncle is a great guy and I'm sure he was a great cop when he was one in Dallas. I'm witnessed great police work too. Earlier someone mentioned the circle the wagons that many cops do when any of them come under attack. This just throws fuel on the fire. Often instead of just admitting when other cops mess up...it's common for them (in my experience) to do the "mone along...nothing to see here". Again, this is just adding fuel to the fire no matter what profession it happens in. You did the same thing when you came into this thread to a small degree. You assumed it was I that did something more than I was saying...or there was more to the story...as if the cops couldn't have done anything wrong or questionable. Later when backed into a corner you did say IF the story happened as I stated than they could have acted better. As a professoinal I would have expected that to happen at the start. Instead of providing cover for bad cops...good cops should hold them accountable IN PUBLIC. Afteralll it's those cops that give you all a bad rep.

When I was visiting my retired cop uncle in Dallas it was the time of the story of a cop holding up a driver that made a wrong turn while he was on his way to see his dying mom at the hospital...he made him stay outside the hospital while he lectured him..even after a hospital employee said his mom was dying. The guy never made it in time to see him mom before she died. When I saw the story w/ my uncle, right away he said the cop handled it very poorly. He made no excuses and that was that. I posted this story on HP and the resident cop there made every excuse for the cop.

It also keeps the ashes hot when it seems cops rarely receive any significant consequences when they do wrong. Sort of like bad teachers. Maybe it's a union thing w/ cops too?

I realize it can be a grueling job and maybe the pay isn't great. But arethe benefits really good w/ great pensions and early retirement? Or is that in just some cities?

It's also common to see videos of cops doing bad things and that just makes people think it happens a lot more when there are not cameras around.

I'm sure many cops go through a lot, but that doesn't give them a free pass to do bad things. I understand the "you wouldn't understand unless you've been a cop". I hear and give the same excuse to peole that complain about how farmers treat animals. There is SOME validity to this excuse...but it's not 100% valid. For the farmers...it's not as bad as PETA people say, but it is bad/inexcusable at times to a degree. And let's face it...EVERYONE/group can use that excuse to an outsider as a way to excuse bad behavior.

Let's set a few things straight here,

1. Quit trying to put words in my mouth and twist what I said to make it appear I supported you. I said, "I agree, if it came out as a illegal parking call then they should've left." However, I said earlier that I doubt the call came out as an illegal parking situation and it probably came out as something different to them.

2. I'm not going to say the cops messed up, for all I know they were completely in the right to be there. I don't know the whole story, only your side and I don't make decisions based on one side of the story. You may have just parked illegally and they may have overracted, but they also could've received the call differently or been there for something completely different don't know.......................I don't second guess anyone unless I know both sides of the story.

3. You didn't back me into a corner I doubt you could ever back me into a corner on a little argument like this. Again you are just trying to twist things to fit your story which you've done more than once on this board.

4. No the benefits aren't great I got the dwindling bank account to prove that due to medical bills from my children.

5. Never said cops get a free pass to do things because of what they've been through. Don't know where you got that.........................IMO this shows your biased for police coming through because you are trying to pull crap like this out of statements I may have made to fit your argument that police are bad.

6. It's obvious to me I could argue with you about the color of the sky and you'd do whatever you could to be right and say, "no it's yellow!" I could show you picture after picture showing you it's blue, but it wouldn't matter. You're gonna be right and I'm wrong...........cool, not an issue.

as I said you came into this thread making negative assumptions about myself/story. "Oh, you're one of those guys, explains alot.........................also I seriously doubt 4 police cars showed up for your little parking situation. Chances are they were there for some other reason." and "You're probably never gonna get a good response if you start getting chippy with a cop whether you're right or not." Then you call me out for making "assumptions" "Or are you just assuming that they were there to just deal with you?" Seems hypocritical, since you previously assumed I was the one that stared the "chippy" talk.

To get back on track and try to come to a mutual understanding/aggreement I say...."Why don't you just say 'well if the story is how you say...and they only got called for bad parking...there was no need for 4 cop cars to arrive.'"

to which you reply..."Yes, I agree that if the call came out as an illegal parking situation that 4 cops didn't need to arrive and their supervisor needs to be a stop to that crap."

SOOOO.......Then when I say in regards you to and the above...."Later when backed into a corner you did say IF the story happened as I stated than they could have acted better." You claim I'm putting words in your mouth. I don't see how this is changing what you said...

After you said "yes, I agree..." I thought we were pretty much on the same page. now It seems you just want to argue/disagree and be stubborn/personal.

As far as the recording of officers go, I think as long as you make them aware you are recording them, it should be allowed, like for traffic stops for instance. It's when they don't realize they are being recorded at first when they usually take action. Just look at OWS. When the cops where moving in for arrests, there were people recording with cell phones and they knew it and didn't go for the phones. Plus they were too busy pepper spraying. ;)

As far as the recording of officers go, I think as long as you make them aware you are recording them, it should be allowed, like for traffic stops for instance. It's when they don't realize they are being recorded at first when they usually take action. Just look at OWS. When the cops where moving in for arrests, there were people recording with cell phones and they knew it and didn't go for the phones. Plus they were too busy pepper spraying. ;)

Yep, cold hard facts, not an assumption at all.........................*insert sarcasm here*

Yep, cold hard facts, not an assumption at all.........................*insert sarcasm here*

So when there are 50 people holding up cell phones towards them, you think the cops thought it was a concert and they were just using their phones like lighters or something? Pretty much cold and hard as you can gets.

So when there are 50 people holding up cell phones towards them, you think the cops thought it was a concert and they were just using their phones like lighters or something? Pretty much cold and hard as you can gets.

Is that really what you think?

And if it is what you think, can that really be called coherent thought?

Is that really what you think?

And if it is what you think, can that really be called coherent thought?

Is what what I thought I thought?

You taught you taw a puddy cat?

:D

OK, to get back to the original point. The cops very well knew that every move they made at any of the OWS altercations was being recorded because of the the numbers of people standing there holding their phones at them. Has there been any instances when they went after the people recording? I haven't seen any. In fact most of the times at these bigger events they have there own people also recording. The point is when you get pulled over and are secretly recording them or at another public event that wasn't anticipated to be rowdy with arrests made, then someone starts recording, those seem to be the instances when cops get mad, grab for phones. What I am saying is it should be our right as citizens to be able to record this kind of stuff, like a traffic stops as long as we tell the officer that we are recording when they walk up to the window.

OK, to get back to the original point. The cops very well knew that every move they made at any of the OWS altercations was being recorded because of the the numbers of people standing there holding their phones at them. Has there been any instances when they went after the people recording? I haven't seen any. In fact most of the times at these bigger events they have there own people also recording. The point is when you get pulled over and are secretly recording them or at another public event that wasn't anticipated to be rowdy with arrests made, then someone starts recording, those seem to be the instances when cops get mad, grab for phones. What I am saying is it should be our right as citizens to be able to record this kind of stuff, like a traffic stops as long as we tell the officer that we are recording when they walk up to the window.

In no way should you have to let them know you are recording them. I understand your reasoning, but there def are times when it has to be done w/out their knowledge. IF you always let them know when they will be taped bad cops will just be able to stay undetected for longer periods of time or forever.

In no way should you have to let them know you are recording them. I understand your reasoning, but there def are times when it has to be done w/out their knowledge. IF you always let them know when they will be taped bad cops will just be able to stay undetected for longer periods of time or forever.

I get what you are saying but at least it would in theory prevent them from being bad to you. I also think that when a cop comes up to your car door they should be required to let you know that the stop is being recorded. I think that would go a long ways in stopping people from doing stupid things themselves. Even though we should know that the pull over is most likely being recorded, a little reminder could go a long ways in keeping the situation calm for everyone.