Personal experience of police wasting tax payers money

I was taking a girl back to her apt in a nice neighborhood after a date and there were no parking spots open so pulled my SUV up partially onto a curb. It wasn't in the way of anyone, nor was it blocking anything...dumpster, sidewalk, etc. Oh and it's the complex's private lot.

Anyway, we were sitting in the vehicle for more more than 3-4 minutes when I look out the window and see FOUR cop cars have pulled up behind me. I guess a tennant called them about my parking.

1 - I wasn't aware police would even go to a private parking lot for something like this. I know they don't for auto accidents.

2 - FOUR cop cars?? I mean...2 wasn't enough for a call like this??

Number 2 is the biggest eye opener. If cops do not have anything better to do...than be the 3rd and 4th cop car on the scene of inproper parking on private property...then it's time to lay off some cops.

• Fire 2

I was taking a girl back to her apt in a nice neighborhood after a date and there were no parking spots open so pulled my SUV up partially onto a curb. It wasn't in the way of anyone, nor was it blocking anything...dumpster, sidewalk, etc. Oh and it's the complex's private lot.

Anyway, we were sitting in the vehicle for more more than 3-4 minutes when I look out the window and see FOUR cop cars have pulled up behind me. I guess a tennant called them about my parking.

1 - I wasn't aware police would even go to a private parking lot for something like this. I know they don't for auto accidents.

2 - FOUR cop cars?? I mean...2 wasn't enough for a call like this??

Number 2 is the biggest eye opener. If cops do not have anything better to do...than be the 3rd and 4th cop car on the scene of inproper parking on private property...then it's time to lay off some cops.

Do we allow dangerous parking felons to post on this site?

Happy New Year Cactus, I hope all is going well with you.

Why would the police come in the first place if you were simply parked funny on private property? Shouldn't that be the problem of the landlord or maybe towing company? Something doesn't add up here.

That's what I asked and they had no answer. The cop that did most of the talking was a dick. One thing he said/asked was if I think that is an ok way to park. I said yes because there were no pen places and the way I parked was short term and didn't affect anyone...although techncally it was wrong. He said "NO..it's not just technically wrong..blah blah...." When I asked where they would have parked or what they would have done they didn't have anything to say. I wish I could do it over. I would video tape it from my iphone and posted on youtube. 4 cop cars showing up to handle a bad parking job on private property. What a joke.

Oh, another example of his prickness. There was one cop that was dressed differently. Had a different jacket and no clear markings or whatever. So i asked if he was the secuirty guard and if he called it in. The main cop told me not to insult the guy by calling him a security guard. So I said I wasn't...that I said it because he was dressed differently.

FTR - this is the 2nd time I've dealt w/ Scottsdale Police. The 1st time the 2 officers were great.

• Fire 1

Why would the police come in the first place if you were simply parked funny on private property? Shouldn't that be the problem of the landlord or maybe towing company? Something doesn't add up here.

That's what I asked and they had no answer. The cop that did most of the talking was a dick. One thing he said/asked was if I think that is an ok way to park. I said yes because there were no pen places and the way I parked was short term and didn't affect anyone...although techncally it was wrong. He said "NO..it's not just technically wrong..blah blah...." When I asked where they would have parked or what they would have done they didn't have anything to say. I wish I could do it over. I would video tape it from my iphone and posted on youtube. 4 cop cars showing up to handle a bad parking job on private property. What a joke.

That is odd. I'm surprised whoever took the call in the first place thought it was a police matter to begin with. Wish I could get that kind of service in my town.

That is odd. I'm surprised whoever took the call in the first place thought it was a police matter to begin with. Wish I could get that kind of service in my town.

Depends on where it is, if the neighborhood has a boatload of money, they get a different kind of service.

Oh, another example of his prickness. There was one cop that was dressed differently. Had a different jacket and no clear markings or whatever. So i asked if he was the secuirty guard and if he called it in. The main cop told me not to insult the guy by calling him a security guard. So I said I wasn't...that I said it because he was dressed differently.

FTR - this is the 2nd time I've dealt w/ Scottsdale Police. The 1st time the 2 officers were great.

Oh, you're one of those guys, explains alot.........................also I seriously doubt 4 police cars showed up for your little parking situation. Chances are they were there for some other reason.

Oh, you're one of those guys, explains alot.........................also I seriously doubt 4 police cars showed up for your little parking situation. Chances are they were there for some other reason.

One of those guys? lol Someone that expects accountabililty from police and those that are paid by our tax dollars? Yes I am.

If there was some other reason 4 cop cars showed up I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have even posted the story. But way to just pull stuff completely out of your rear for no apparent reason.

I've got a few possible explanations. 1- they fed off of your smart ass comments and questions. Cops typically don't like to be questioned by somebody who is obviously doing something wrong even if it's only a minor parking infraction. 2- possibly the person who reported it thought you were a drunk driver due to the way you parked. 3- the officers were husker fans and heard you had been calling for the return of Callahan. But I doubt that is it since you are still apparently able to use your fingers.

• Fire 1

I've got a few possible explanations. 1- they fed off of your smart ass comments and questions. Cops typically don't like to be questioned by somebody who is obviously doing something wrong even if it's only a minor parking infraction. 2- possibly the person who reported it thought you were a drunk driver due to the way you parked. 3- the officers were husker fans and heard you had been calling for the return of Callahan. But I doubt that is it since you are still apparently able to use your fingers.

I realize that was tongue in cheek....but the 2 things I'm questioning/have issue w/ happened before I said a word to them. 4 cars and coming onto private property for a parking issue. Maybe they did think I was drunk for partly parking on a curb, but even if I was drunk they can't do anything on privite property.

Just because I have a lot of free time...I may call the police one night if I think of it and tell them a scenerio like this and see what they say to me. But then before getting off the phone I'll say "oh...they just left". That way I don't waste their time. :)

I realize that was tongue in cheek....but the 2 things I'm questioning/have issue w/ happened before I said a word to them. 4 cars and coming onto private property for a parking issue. Maybe they did think I was drunk for partly parking on a curb, but even if I was drunk they can't do anything on privite property.

Just because I have a lot of free time...I may call the police one night if I think of it and tell them a scenerio like this and see what they say to me. But then before getting off the phone I'll say "oh...they just left". That way I don't waste their time. :)

In Nebraska, if the private property is a "place held open to the public" you can and will be charged with DUI. Places like apartment parking lots, store parking lots, drive throughs, etc. are private property but you can still be convicted of DUI.

In Nebraska, if the private property is a "place held open to the public" you can and will be charged with DUI. Places like apartment parking lots, store parking lots, drive throughs, etc. are private property but you can still be convicted of DUI.

I wonder if it's the same here, because I even said I had a few drinks earlier that night and they didn't even have me do a field test...or ask for my registration. I thought they automatically gave you a field test if you had ANY amount of alochol. The way you say it makes sense...and that is probably how it should be. I would think it'd be that way here too...but that would make the story even more weird...