Personal experience of police wasting tax payers money

Does the public have the right to view the vidoes from cop cars...or at least the person in it?

It depends. If there is an ongoing criminal case against a defendant they can request a copy of the reports in the possession of the county/city attorney including the video of the stop. The files are generally closed to the public but the defendant can appear before a judge and say that they are representing themselves and get a court order for disclosure.

• 1 month later...

I was taking a girl back to her apt in a nice neighborhood after a date and there were no parking spots open so pulled my SUV up partially onto a curb. It wasn't in the way of anyone, nor was it blocking anything...dumpster, sidewalk, etc. Oh and it's the complex's private lot.

Anyway, we were sitting in the vehicle for more more than 3-4 minutes when I look out the window and see FOUR cop cars have pulled up behind me. I guess a tennant called them about my parking.

1 - I wasn't aware police would even go to a private parking lot for something like this. I know they don't for auto accidents.

2 - FOUR cop cars?? I mean...2 wasn't enough for a call like this??

Number 2 is the biggest eye opener. If cops do not have anything better to do...than be the 3rd and 4th cop car on the scene of inproper parking on private property...then it's time to lay off some cops.

9fecd592_crescentwrench.jpeg

Lincoln, NE Police Website: "The field training and evaluation program takes approximately 22 weeks to complete. During this training phase, the new officers are assigned to work with a designated field training officer whose job is to train and evaluate their performance. New officers are rotated to a different field training officer every four weeks. New officers must reach an acceptable level in all performance areas by the completion of the program. Successful officers are then transferred to the Operations Division for solo team assignments."

So you need to be 21, with a GED and a few months of training and that's it, you're a cop.

I can't defend cops, gotta defend Cactus. I always see them in big groups around one suspect, usually a traffic stop. No one wants a cocky 22 yr old with little education, also on a power trip, telling them what to do

Another guy who doesn't understand the real world. Hope that when the time comes and you need an officer of the law that they are just a few minutes late. You also need to find a way to dislodge your head from your annal canal.

T_O_B

Got info straight from the website.

Not sure how that's my fault...

BTW, the cops are always late.

Not according to CB. :hmmph