Well Texas wins another recruiting championship

I dont' think we'd be all that worried. We'd know we have the coach that just put together one of the best 10 year runs in college football history. We'd know we're loaded with tallent. We'd know we are just a QB away from having our sh!t together.

Now the QB threads would be pretty harsh, I'll give you that. But I certainly wouldn't be sweating bullets if I was a Texas fan. They'll be just fine.

Now if they could just do anything on the field.... :ahhhhhhhh

yeah the last decade has just been terriable for them... :sarcasm:

Can you imagine the meltdowns we'd have here if we had recruiting classes like they've had the last ten years and we went 5-7 and 8-5? Don't pretend all's right in Austin.

Very good point. NU may be pretty serious under-achievers --- but Texas is the standard bearer of all under achieves.

I dont' think we'd be all that worried. We'd know we have the coach that just put together one of the best 10 year runs in college football history. We'd know we're loaded with tallent. We'd know we are just a QB away from having our sh!t together.

Now the QB threads would be pretty harsh, I'll give you that. But I certainly wouldn't be sweating bullets if I was a Texas fan. They'll be just fine.

They have brought in top 5 classes ever since Mack stepped foot on campus, and they have one MNC to show for it.

You'll pardon me if I don't believe this. I've read too many of your posts in the past to believe that you would be OK with Texas' last two years with the kind of recruiting they pull in.

110 - 18 in the 2000's, never less than 10 wins. #5, #6, #12, #5, #1, #13, #10, #4, #2.

...lose one of the all-time winningest QBs in history. Have a rough year - almost the entire coaching staff turns over - come back the following season with 8 wins behind a freshman QB. (not exactly far off from 9 wins)....color me not worried if I'm a Texas fan.

They have brought in top 5 classes ever since Mack stepped foot on campus, and they have one MNC to show for it.

I'd take 1 MNC and 4 BCS appearances...

True. But if I was a Texas fan I'd be much more confident in the direction the program is heading, than I am as a Nebraska fan in the direction our program is heading. I don't see us going downward, but unfortunately I don't see us going up much either. We haven't really improved much from 2008. Pelini got us back to 9 wins and that's where we've been since. We've had stellar defenses and gotten to 10 wins, then we've followed that up with terriable defenses but improved offenses. If you plotted this program on a line chart, versus Texas...you'd be a lot happier w/ the direction Texas is going than Nebraska wouldn't you?

And it has to be comforting knowing tallent (likely the most difficult thing to gain) isn't your issue.

If you plotted this program on a line chart, versus Texas...you'd be a lot happier w/ the direction Texas is going than Nebraska wouldn't you?

Nebraska: 9-4

Texas: 8-5

Nebraska: 10-4

Texas: 5-7

Texas: 13-1

In Texas' best year since 2005, Nebraska should have (did) beat them head-to-head. Since then, Texas has had a losing season, with their rebound only taking them to 8 wins. I don't see any reason to be more optimistic about Texas than about Nebraska right now.

If you plotted this program on a line chart, versus Texas...you'd be a lot happier w/ the direction Texas is going than Nebraska wouldn't you?

Nebraska: 9-4

Texas: 8-5

Texas: 5-7

Texas: 13-1

In Texas' best year since 2005, Nebraska should have (did) beat them head-to-head. Since then, Texas has had a losing season, with their rebound only taking them to 8 wins. I don't see any reason to be more optimistic about Texas than about Nebraska right now.

We're relatively flat, with marginal tallent. They are on the upswing with a loaded roster. I would be very suprised if Texas didnt' win 9-10 games this year. Nebraska likely remains flat at 9 games...which is good enough for this fan base, and will be accepted for the the forseeable future.