Well Texas wins another recruiting championship

I'm astounded at the sunshine-pumping here. If only this optimism was taken from Texas and given to Nebraska.

If only Nebraska was in Texas's position as far as tallent goes. It's not sunshine pumping, it's just being realistic. I know we all hate Texas...but come on, there is no way they'll be down long. Lets switch to a new program. Do you expect Ohio State to be down long? We could put them in the same exact conversation as Texas. Freshman QB + coaching issues = bad season. I'm sure they had some pissed off fans last year...and forums similar to ours, but I wouldn't be too worried about the state of the program there either. Proven coaching + loaded roster = quick rebound. We don't have either.

I just don't see the point in bashing texas because they have 3 BSC wins, 1 MNC, and sign a top 5 class every year. They get the last laugh, 9 times out 10. So why this thread? Pointless.

It is sunshine-pumping - the very definition of unrealistic happiness - when you can go to ANY Texas board and find thread after thread after thread after thread bitching about their last few seasons, and yet you're telling us we would be happy if we were in their shoes?

Chris, THEY are in their shoes. And they're not happy. :D

It is sunshine-pumping - the very definition of unrealistic happiness - when you can go to ANY Texas board and find thread after thread after thread after thread bitching about their last few seasons, and yet you're telling us we would be happy if we were in their shoes?

I'm not saying they are happy (and I don't think I said we'd be "happy" either). But I doubt they are all that worried. Find me a Texas fan that thinks they'll be in the gutter for the next 5 years...I bet they are rare.

I'm not saying they are happy (and I don't think I said we'd be "happy" either). But I doubt they are all that worried. Find me a Texas fan that thinks they'll be in the gutter for the next 5 years...I bet they are rare.

Texas fans always think they're on the verge of a national championship because they always think they're better than everyone else. So yeah, they probably don't think they're going to be in the gutter for the next 5 years. But I don't think Nebraska fans think we're going to be in the gutter for the next 5 years, either.

Furthermore, the idea that Texas can't be "down" for a long time is historically false. They were down, for a long time, and only managed to climb out of the "gutter" with the formation of the Big 12 conference. That's why it is impressive for a school with far fewer resources to stay at 9-10 wins year in and year out. Nebraska fans won't be satisfied without the occasional run at a national championship and some conference championships thrown in too, and Nebraska fans shouldn't be satisfied without those things. But 9-10 wins per year is a very, very good baseline.

Losing Mushcamp hurt them bad. Mack Brown cannot coach.

He is a GM. Exactly what you need to be a UT. Run the massive $ making program and have good assistants to be successful.

That was kinda my point. He manage's their program just fine, but does a poor job on the coaching end.

Don't confuse the ideas of being content and being worried. They are two different things. If I were a Texas fan, and God help me if I was, I wouldn't be happy with how we've performed over the past two years. Being loaded with talent and going a combined 13-12 over the last two seasons isn't something to be proud of.

If I was a Texas fan, I would be worried as well because we've had two great recruiting classes and what have we done with them? For two straight years, we've racked in the stars and talent and are barely above .500

Who's to say they're going to turn it around?