Looks like Romney is going to be the Republican's choice

The only candidate that is electable and has the right ideas and direction is Ron Paul, and that's who my vote is going to come hell or high water, just like when I voted for him in 2008.

I like some things about Ron Paul . . . but his history of racism ensures that I will never support him.

It looks like it is a done deal with Romney winning the Republican primary. Now on to Obama v Romney. Barring any major unforeseen scandals, I think it comes down to the economy and more particularly what unemployment is come November. If It goes under 8.0% and stays there, I think it will be enough for people to think we have turned the corner and Obama gets a second term. If it doesn't get under that or even creeps up again, then Romney gets it.

I like some things about Ron Paul . . . but his history of racism ensures that I will never support him.

In what way is he any more racist than the rest of the Republican crop of candidates?

I do not believe Mitt Romney, etc, have published newsletters with racist remarks like Paul has.

I'd rather judge his racism by his current policies than old newsletters.

You can go with the old newsletters, if you feel they're more relevent.

Yeah . . . that.

Two votes for old newsletters.

In what way is he any more racist than the rest of the Republican crop of candidates?

I do not believe Mitt Romney, etc, have published newsletters with racist remarks like Paul has.

I'd rather judge his racism by his current policies than old newsletters.

You can go with the old newsletters, if you feel they're more relevent.

Yeah . . . that.

Two votes for old newsletters.

His 90s newsletters are more overt than modern dog whistle politics.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/02/05/romneys-firm-instructs-american-airlines-to-sack-13000-workers/

On Wednesday, February 1st, American Airlines announced that it will take the advice of Mitt Romney’s firm, Bain Capital, and lay off 13,000 workers -15 percent of its workforce- replacing their pension plans with 401(k) plans and ending company-paid retiree healthcare.

The lay off announcement came only seven days after American Airlines hired Bain Capital to guide it through a bankruptcy procedure for which the airline had filed last November.

American Airlines spokesperson told the Wall Street Journal, the cost of hiring Bain – hourly fees of up to $1,100- as “a usual and necessary part of the Chapter 11 process. We will be reviewing these costs carefully to ensure that they are monitored and managed appropriately.”

Obama v Romney.

sigh

Double sigh... followed by vomit.

But I guess old newletters trump current policy.

The bigger problem with Paul is for every one thing he says that makes sense, he has one or two that are way out there. And his fiscal ideas have a huge disaster chance.

The bigger problem with Paul is for every one thing he says that makes sense, he has one or two that are way out there. And his fiscal ideas have a huge disaster chance.

I don't disagree that some of his fiscal ideas are "out there", but we absolutely must audit the Fed, and we must curb Wall Street.

No other major candidate would even consider that.

And he is 180 degrees from Obama and the rest of the Republicans on foreign policy, which to me is the the other big issue.

but we absolutely must audit the Fed, and we must curb Wall Street.

Ignoring all talk of Ron Paul, I totally agree with this. But neither Paul nor any other candidate will get this to happen. The lobbyists will fight this tooth and nail, and unfortunately their money will buy Congress' silence.

I think this is an aim of the Occupiers (although it's hard to tell with their incoherent message), and with this goal I agree. I'm not sure Occupy Wall Street is going to get this done with some tents and snarky signs, though.