Obama's assault on religion is beginning

But sexual assault and ruining the lives of little boys is A-OK with them. The catholic church is a f'ing mess and should shut the hell up.

I would NEVER condone or EVER think it is or was OK for any of the allegations that took place. But, one thing I would like explained is how people can keep attacking the Catholics on this matter when it is happening more often in OUR Public Schools all over the country. And most of it was swept under the rug for a very long time. Look at Penn St. for example that sick basturd started a place for kids to go and then took advantage of them. You can't tell me there weren't people who knew before that even and did nothing.

I have a very personal experience with this involving my own kids and another kid and his father to which I am still fighting to get this sick man caught or at the very least investigated futher. Some people when they don't want to belive it is possible just don't believe it until they have some sort of experience first hand. So don't go and Spout off about Catholics, because I am one and in no way would I ever think this is right or let it slide.

As far as the Obama and his communist agenda. Well it is against everything our four fathers represented. If you don't like the way the Catholic religion is ran or the laws of the Catholic religion then you don't have to join that is your choice that was also made possible by our four fathers and the many men and women who sacrificed their lives so we could have these rights. As far as the Catholic hospitals to be forced to do proceedures against the Catholic religion, and to provide insurance that covers things like sterilization and abortion it is wrong and against the Reliigon at is an attack on the religion. You have a choice of where you want to work or get treated at a hospital.

One more thing. This isn't the first time our Government has tried to run a religion. It happened in the Luthern church as well. The Government wanted to be able to appoint the ministers of the Luthern religion , because they felt they were more qualified to elect these persons instead of the people in the Luthern church.

AHHHHHH....I see the issue is it will be required in Catholic institutions where many aren't Catholic...like hospitals and colleges.

I'm predicting there will be a compromise before this goes into affect.

I don't see how the Catholic church can compromise on this. If they do then many will lose faith in this institution. They are in the right and will win in a court battle. :ahhhhhhhh

AHHHHHH....I see the issue is it will be required in Catholic institutions where many aren't Catholic...like hospitals and colleges.

I don't see how the Catholic church can compromise on this. If they do then many will lose faith in this institution. They are in the right and will win in a court battle. :ahhhhhhhh

I think you are reading Cactusboy's comment incorrectly. I can't speak for him but I read it as the government will compromise and make religious exceptions.

I think you are reading Cactusboy's comment incorrectly. I can't speak for him but I read it as the government will compromise and make religious exceptions.

Sorry my bad!! :D

I read that Hawaii has some sort of exception...and the workers can get reduced priced contraception outside of work.

ok that I agree with Carlfense

At issue is that these institutions, like Catholic hospitals and Universities have non-Catholic workers. And in the case of Catholic hospitals non-catholic patients. And you can't play the 'well, go somewhere else' card, as there are plenty of communities in the country that don't have the option if there is only one hospital in town. And really, your employer has absolutely no business getting into what should be between you and your doctor.

At issue is that these institutions, like Catholic hospitals and Universities have non-Catholic workers. And in the case of Catholic hospitals non-catholic patients. And you can't play the 'well, go somewhere else' card, as there are plenty of communities in the country that don't have the option if there is only one hospital in town. And really, your employer has absolutely no business getting into what should be between you and your doctor.

The best part about living in the U.S. is the fact that if I don't like the job I am at or their beliefs I can leave and No One can force me to stay. If you do not agree with the rules of the Employer but want to stay because you love your job well then that's fine, but you won't be treated any diferently than any other employee.

The best part about living in the U.S. is the fact that if I don't like the job I am at or their beliefs I can leave and No One can force me to stay. If you do not agree with the rules of the Employer but want to stay because you love your job well then that's fine, but you won't be treated any diferently than any other employee.

Really? You think so? Many people right now don't even have jobs.

We also have something in this country called the right to privacy. And your employer has no business in your medical affairs. Where does the line get drawn? Do they get to decide that only women married in a Catholic church get to have prenatal care covered? Unwed pregnant women don't get covered? Cancer caused by HPV can't be covered? It could go on. Cover health care or don't offer it, getting into specifics on the health care is wrong. Period.

Really? You think so? Many people right now don't even have jobs.

We also have something in this country called the right to privacy. And your employer has no business in your medical affairs. Where does the line get drawn? Do they get to decide that only women married in a Catholic church get to have prenatal care covered? Unwed pregnant women don't get covered? Cancer caused by HPV can't be covered? It could go on. Cover health care or don't offer it, getting into specifics on the health care is wrong. Period.

You are absolutely right NO employer has the right to go into your medical files 100% agree. They do have the right to decide what type of insurance they are going to buy for their employers and like I said if such employee doesn't like the benefits they do not have to accept them or they could also find other insurance or they could find another place for employment.

Actually...I think it's a decent point that if you can't follow federal employment laws then you shouldn't be in business. What if a religion is against women doing any work. Should a hospital of that religion be allowed to not hire women? What if the religion commands that children work 50 hours a week?

My mind isn't made upon this issue yet. Just throwing some stuff out there to think about or counter on.

Why is the GOP waging a war against contraception? That's what this is about, after all. We're arguing over condoms and birth control pills. Unbelievable.

This doesn't apply to Catholic Churches . . . and something like 28 states mandated contraception coverage BEFORE the federal government did. Somehow . . . people are only outraged when they can tie it to President Obama. Hmmmm. I wonder why that is?