Obama's assault on religion is beginning

This is an attack on Religiious Fredom. Like I had mention earlier this isn't the first time the Federal government has tried to single out a religion and try to make the rules they should follow. This, is called Communism. Whether you agree with the Catholic religion or not if you are apart of any other religion you should feel violated as well. If the Federal Government is allowed to be able to this to one of the biggest religions in this country, just imagine what could follow with the others that may not have the money or backing to fight them off. This is against our rights as citizens in this country.

Why is the GOP waging a war against contraception? That's what this is about, after all. We're arguing over condoms and birth control pills. Unbelievable.

This doesn't apply to Catholic Churches . . . and something like 28 states mandated contraception coverage BEFORE the federal government did. Somehow . . . people are only outraged when they can tie it to President Obama. Hmmmm. I wonder why that is?

It is the same reason that would make someone claim that the GOP is waging a war against contraception. Partisanship. I have mixed feelings on this one. On one hand I feel participants in a health plan should have access to the benefits of that plan without any interference from their employer. On the other hand I don't feel an employer should be forced to provide a benefit counter to their beliefs. I think in this specific case the rights of employer should prevail. They could always choose to not provide any health coverage. I mean the employer is the one paying the majority of the premium. Seems really unAmerican to me to force a company to pay for a benefit they have such real and profound objections to.

This is an attack on Religiious Fredom. Like I had mention earlier this isn't the first time the Federal government has tried to single out a religion and try to make the rules they should follow. This, is called Communism.

Communism? "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya

The government is absolutely NOT singling out a religion. This applies equally to everyone. Spin it how you want.

Why is the GOP waging a war against contraception? That's what this is about, after all. We're arguing over condoms and birth control pills. Unbelievable.

This doesn't apply to Catholic Churches . . . and something like 28 states mandated contraception coverage BEFORE the federal government did. Somehow . . . people are only outraged when they can tie it to President Obama. Hmmmm. I wonder why that is?

It is the same reason that would make someone claim that the GOP is waging a war against contraception. Partisanship. I have mixed feelings on this one. On one hand I feel participants in a health plan should have access to the benefits of that plan without any interference from their employer. On the other hand I don't feel an employer should be forced to provide a benefit counter to their beliefs. I think in this specific case the rights of employer should prevail. They could always choose to not provide any health coverage. I mean the employer is the one paying the majority of the premium. Seems really unAmerican to me to force a company to pay for a benefit they have such real and profound objections to.

How far are you willing to take the bold? No blood transfusions? No surgery? No pharmaceuticals beyond herbal remedies?

This isn't a religious issue. Period. It's a health care issue. Only people trying to score political points are trying to paint it as a war on religion. Same song, next verse.

How far are you willing to take the bold? No blood transfusions? No surgery? No pharmaceuticals beyond herbal remedies?

This isn't a religious issue. Period. It's a health care issue. Only people trying to score political points are trying to paint it as a war on religion. Same song, next verse.

I love how you know what other people are thinking. Deeply held beliefs by the catholic church means nothing, that is not religiousnow is it? The people who are making this political are people like you who know about the 1st amendmant or maybe you don't by your stance. Typical how you want to trample on the Constitution whne it fits your ideals!!

It is not a health care issue, they can get free female health care from any PP facility. There are all kinds of clinics that allow them to get thier reproductive health care needs met. :hmmph

Last I checked the catholic church has not banned blood tranfusions, surgeries or pharmaceuticals. When they do ban them how about we have that discussion then? chuckleshuffle

Last I checked the catholic church has not banned blood tranfusions, surgeries or pharmaceuticals. When they do ban them how about we have that discussion then? chuckleshuffle

Why are you limiting this to the Catholic church? Is that the only one that you think is worthy of a religious exemption? These laws apply to everyone.

While you're at it, show me where Jesus said not to use condoms or birth control pills. I'd hate to think that the Catholic church is just inventing religion as they go . . .

I love how you know what other people are thinking. Deeply held beliefs by the catholic church means nothing, that is not religiousnow is it? The people who are making this political are people like you who know about the 1st amendmant or maybe you don't by your stance. Typical how you want to trample on the Constitution whne it fits your ideals!!

It is not a health care issue, they can get free female health care from any PP facility. There are all kinds of clinics that allow them to get thier reproductive health care needs met. :hmmph

Where do you think that I said that I knew what other people were thinking?

Please. Explain to me how this is unconstitutional. You keep saying that. I don't think you can back it up.

Where do you think that I said that I knew what other people were thinking?

Please. Explain to me how this is unconstitutional. You keep saying that. I don't think you can back it up.

When you say something like this:

Only people trying to score political points are trying to paint it as a war on religion. Same song, next verse.

That is not true, you are wrong because I don't care who wrote this it is against the 1st amendement. I am not trying to score point neither is the Catholic church, which by the way voted (Catholics 54 to 43 for BO), they are just holding to their principles.

The 1st amendment clearly says that you have the right to express your religious beliefs any way you deem fit. The govt can't tell you how to believe. chuckleshuffle

Hey, all I know is that if the government were dictating to me what benefits I had to provide in my company's health care plan (which they are doing counter to our constitutional rights), and one of those mandates was absolutely counter to what I believe and stand for (which there is none currently), I would attempt the exemption but could always fall back on not providing any health care benefit to my employees. Luckily, we're small enough that the government can't force us to provide any benefit and we are not subject to the penalty in Obamacare for company's that do not provide any health benefit. I happen to be Catholic but I do not share the contraceptives ban position the church has. But, I respect their religious right to hold that position. Who is our government to think they can infringe on an employers religous rights? Isn't that exactly what the founders had in mind when they dealt with this issue so many years ago? It has been skewed and abused to the point that a church cannot have a public display of a nativity scene but the government can enforce it's views of morality. It's assbackwards if you ask me. Personally, I would like to see the Catholic church reverse it's stance on preventative contraceptives but that will be a very long ways off, if ever. There is huge difference in my mind between preventing egg fertilization before it happens and stopping the process once it has already occurred.

And carlfense, to answer one of your questions, yes the Catholic church does make up some of this stuff as they go along. They believe that Jesus established his kingdom on earth with Peter and that he gave the church the authority to establish rules and to forgive or withhold forgiveness for sins. Don't want to get into a big debate over that but, yes they do feel they have the authority to decree these things.

Hey, all I know is that if the government were dictating to me what benefits I had to provide in my company's health care plan (which they are doing counter to our constitutional rights), and one of those mandates was absolutely counter to what I believe and stand for (which there is none currently), I would attempt the exemption but could always fall back on not providing any health care benefit to my employees. Luckily, we're small enough that the government can't force us to provide any benefit and we are not subject to the penalty in Obamacare for company's that do not provide any health benefit. I happen to be Catholic but I do not share the contraceptives ban position the church has. But, I respect their religious right to hold that position. Who is our government to think they can infringe on an employers religous rights? Isn't that exactly what the founders had in mind when they dealt with this issue so many years ago? It has been skewed and abused to the point that a church cannot have a public display of a nativity scene but the government can enforce it's views of morality. It's assbackwards if you ask me. Personally, I would like to see the Catholic church reverse it's stance on preventative contraceptives but that will be a very long ways off, if ever. There is huge difference in my mind between preventing egg fertilization before it happens and stopping the process once it has already occurred.

And carlfense, to answer one of your questions, yes the Catholic church does make up some of this stuff as they go along. They believe that Jesus established his kingdom on earth with Peter and that he gave the church the authority to establish rules and to forgive or withhold forgiveness for sins. Don't want to get into a big debate over that but, yes they do feel they have the authority to decree these things.

This isn't about religion. It's about a woman's right to have her insurance cover her contraceptives. Please explain how ensuring that contraceptives are available through employee insurance infringes on an employer's constitutional rights. (Keeping in mind that employees of the Catholic Church are exempt. This is about Catholic affiliated employers.)