I guess Kansas just has sooo much more talent

I wouldn't say that, they have been in the same system for a while longer than we have. Our players are still unsure of what they are doing. They get worse after each loss. They have lost their confidence. 2 undefeated teams lost today too. 1 by a good UM team but the other by a bad Arizona team. Playing on the road is tough it don't matter who you are. We need more talent. BADLY. Just have patience Huskers. It doesn't happen over night all the time.

At what position is it more crucial to have talented players. LB or OL?? I'd say OL. OL have to have the abiulity to recognize the blitzer, get in proper position, depending on the play, and make the block. You can take a realatively untalented LB and tell him his job is to run straight up the gut on a blitz (this is what other teams are doing isn't it??? It isn't like other teams LB's/S's are word beaters. Our OL is so bad that LB's/S's blitzing is the defensive gameplan. We have no threat at TE so the LB's/S's don't even have to account for that.

I think if somehow we can get a decent OL and a decent Secondary.... we'll be looking good. The offense looked like it was starting to roll when our OL started playing decent... and then they promptly fell apart again.

Then we have the secondary which is undersized and underskilled. We've let just about every team this year pass the ball all over us. If we can't get HUGE pressure on their QB, we have no chance to defend the pass. That's not good.

You see all these differen't defensive looks from Coz, I think he's just been grasping at straws trying to get something to work. Unfortunately... the secondary problem doesn't look like it'll be fixed next year.. the OL might.. they're gonna have to work the crap out of those guys. Having our mighty LBers blitz on them 10-15 a practice in the offseason.. maybe they'll start to develop, lol

it's pretty easy to pick on the D when the damn O can't do any better than 3 and out......hell, the D is on the field for most of the games this year, the O couldn't put together a 5 minute drive if their life depended on it.........no running attack, passing woeful due to D blitzing us, knowing we have to throw, cause we can't run.....not much difference than when running all the time and they stack 8 guys on the line...same results.......you have to have balance......as i have said all year, where in the hell do we get future O linemen? i hear nothing about us trying to recruit O linemen?? hell i guess we don't need any? no wait, cally was an O line coach, he must know that we don't need any good O linemen.....i give up....maybe we can get some more 1-2 year wonders out of JUCO's.....another trend that seems to be setting in here with coach C......hell i would rather see the walk-on program resurrected, it isn't anymore a band aid than spending time pursuing JUCO's??

hunter

I wouldn't say that, they have been in the same system for a while longer than we have. Our players are still unsure of what they are doing. They get worse after each loss. They have lost their confidence. 2 undefeated teams lost today too. 1 by a good UM team but the other by a bad Arizona team. Playing on the road is tough it don't matter who you are. We need more talent. BADLY. Just have patience Huskers. It doesn't happen over night all the time.

How much more talent could you possibly need to beat KANSAS?!?!?! Get real man!!!

I wouldn't say that, they have been in the same system for a while longer than we have.  Our players are still unsure of what they are doing.  They get worse after each loss.  They have lost their confidence.  2 undefeated teams lost today too. 1 by a good UM team but the other by a bad Arizona team.  Playing on the road is tough it don't matter who you are.  We need more talent.  BADLY.  Just have patience Huskers.  It doesn't happen over night all the time.

How much more talent could you possibly need to beat KANSAS?!?!?! Get real man!!!

How about some guys who can pick up a blitz? We should probably start there.

I really can't believe that after the butt kicking we just received from Kansas, people still say that we don't have the talent and/or the talend developed yet.

Wow - give me some of what you are smoking.

Explain it to me, man. Apparently the :bang just aren't doing it.

I wouldn't say that, they have been in the same system for a while longer than we have.  Our players are still unsure of what they are doing.  They get worse after each loss.  They have lost their confidence.  2 undefeated teams lost today too. 1 by a good UM team but the other by a bad Arizona team.  Playing on the road is tough it don't matter who you are.  We need more talent.  BADLY.  Just have patience Huskers.  It doesn't happen over night all the time.

This isn't your Dad's Kansas team. That's how.

We had the players to win yesterday, but it just didn't get done. The coaches and the players are embarrassed and rightly so.