Birth control question booed at Republican debate

Republicans are doing their best to make sure women don't vote for their candidate - whoever that turns out to be - this election year. The latest:

Abortion question booed at Republican debate

A question about abortion caused a flareup in the culture wars during the last Republican presidential debate before next week’s Arizona and Michigan primaries and “Super Tuesday.”

The question drew boos from the audience and impassioned statements from the four candidates on the stage in Mesa, Arizona, last night.

“Since birth control is the latest hot topic, which candidate believes in birth control , and if not why?,” was the question posed via cnnpolitics.com.

It sparked a lengthy discourse by the candidates on religious freedom, contraception, and family structure. None of the White House hopefuls directly responded to the question.

That silence is soon to become deafening. Women want to know that they're going to continue to have rights under the next president. With Republicans making headlines like this across the country, and with the current Republican front-runner declaring contraception "harmful to women" in 2006, I don't see this earning the GOP many votes.

I also don't think these guys are going to get away with not answering this question, as much attention as it's gotten. I'm guessing every reporter they run across is going to stick a mic in their face and ask this question again until each guy gives an answer.

I don't think RvW is ever going to be overturned.

In a 'normal', 'rational' world, I would agree with you.

But with a Supreme Court that equates money to free speech, all bets are off.

On a related note, if Santorum does get into the White House, purchase copious amounts of Bay National Corporation stock, as the price should skyrocket.