Santorum thinks your college education is a bad thing

Also, many times a course like Geography is not required. Rather, the University requires a certain category of science class. Generally a student can find one or more courses within the category that will be useful. In practice, most students probably just choose the most interesting/easiest course from the category instead.

every college student does this specially when your other 2 to 3 classes are a lot harder. Science classes are the ones students pick the least demanding but also there is a lot of info you might not have known otherwise unless you were a big buff in that area.

Also, many times a course like Geography is not required. Rather, the University requires a certain category of science class. Generally a student can find one or more courses within the category that will be useful. In practice, most students probably just choose the most interesting/easiest course from the category instead.

every college student does this specially when your other 2 to 3 classes are a lot harder. Science classes are the ones students pick the least demanding but also there is a lot of info you might not have known otherwise unless you were a big buff in that area.

You bet. I did it. I'm just saying that it makes complaints about unrelated courses seem strange when often the student chose those courses.

You bet. I did it. I'm just saying that it makes complaints about unrelated courses seem strange when often the student chose those courses.

Because they probably don't know that college is where you actually learn useful stuff not high school.

Because they probably don't know that college is where you actually learn useful stuff not high school.

I learned useful stuff in both college and high school. I like to think that I'm still learning useful stuff after graduating from both.

• 2 weeks later...

There are literally only a handful of professions which I think actually need a college degree, chief among them doctors, lawyers, engineers, chemists, astronomers, astronauts, and anyone wanting to get into a scientific in nature type of profession. Every other trade or occupation can be accomplished either trough on the job training or by attending a year or two at a tech or vocational school.

• 2 weeks later...